(WIP) XtremeEliteBoot+ (a powerful alternative for FMCB)

Discussion in 'General PS2 Discussion' started by HWNJ, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 69
    MALK

MALK Member

philosopher
    here is the thing this project is fishy to the bones and if elsingao was a person (which i belive hwnj made that account) then @ElSinGao has no excuse to disappear just like hwnj all the sudden.
    well it does matter because if he did indeed make the other account this means he is a liar therefore we shouldnt waste our time waiting for nothing but a lie.
    exactly every year he promise something but gives nothing in the end
    well no it is a proof but its not 100% the fishy thing is that at ps2home Jay-Jay pointed that out and called him out for it if it was normal jay jay wouldnt have mentioned it in the forum.
    well his aliases/handles are the things that made us wait for 2 years for nothing lol it should matter

2. 877
    TnA

TnA Member

Even if he pulled that kind of show, that does not prove even faintly that the project is not existent... It MIGHT indicate some kind of fraud, tho'.

MALK likes this.
  3. 69
    MALK

MALK Member

philosopher
    well i did not say that the project does not exist that would be quite silly i am just stating that he might be using (Elsingao the account that he made) to do some kind of a weird lie i dont know why but him doing that is actually fishy as funky he keeps delaying the project every time putting excuses why is he so afraid to release the damn thing .... in my opinion he may have used alotta code from fmcb like ALOT and he is afraid that he used too much because the project literally looks like (fmcb with edited logo that loads a custom elf gui) its not a very special project and its not even good to begin with it requires no skill to make what so ever and it took 2 fuckin years that is a very long time for an fmcb clone.

4. 70
    Fanhais

Fanhais Member

is fake and never be release

5. 877
    TnA

TnA Member

Let's put it this way...

The sources he can use are old...

The rights to the newer sources have been transferred and thus are closed until @sp193 decides otherwise... It WAS a community-project and IS his project now. Rightfully and legally even, IMO.

But regarding the old sources... Well,... If @HWNJ at least mentions the contributions of the other people in a Readme, that would be fine...
    • Jimmikaelkael & Neme for the V1-KELF-Algo (re-signing of a previous ROM-KELF + injection of a custom Payload/ELF)
    • and the new init from SP193 (if he uses it)
    That's it and he wouldn't need to have anything in his app to mention them...

MALK likes this.
  6. 685
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    That's only a problem if somebody wants to make a clone of FMCB. This argument is now starting to become a mere excuse as I had released sample code for doing initialization, totally free and unrelated to the politics behind FMCB.
    If anybody ends up adding more functions that FMCB doesn't have and even throwing in an entirely new GUI - then what FMCB did will be considered very tiny in scale, in comparison.

No, I wasn't handed the project. :/
    It's for reasons like that, that I never make controversial or very drastic decisions. Like it or not, I will not speak on behalf of the owners, who never wrote that I will take over.

Like with OPL, I never became the owner. I only asked for permissions to have access to the source, so I could make some changes. Then I tried to hand it back, but Jimmi didn't seem too interested.

FMCB was a community project, more than 10 years ago. By the time I started using FMCB in 2009, it was already closed-source. When I was granted permission to work on it, it was already 2013. So yes, I have nothing to do with it becoming closed-source...

Tupakaveli, MALK and pink1 like this.
  7. 877
    TnA

TnA Member

There was one post on psx-scene.com where I posted regarding the release of the 1.8-sources and there Jimmikaelkael wrote that he handed over the project to you and 'leo'... ;)

Yerp, Jimmi is out of the PS2-Scene... I am pretty sure he still lurks around sometime and reads some things, but he doesn't want to be involved with it, (especially THX to $ony).

Regarding the last part... Indeed. That's why I CAPped 'was' and why I wrote that.

He should credit those, who contributed the things he used in a Readme simply IMO.

His project still seems kind of unique, if it ever gets released!

MALK likes this.
  8. 69
    MALK

MALK Member

philosopher
    XD this part i dont agree with the whole idea of fmcb and his project is actually illegal XD
    and you need to remember that he said he made this from scratch and used a tiny bit of fmcb code soo .... the project in the video doesnt seem to be a tiny bit of code iam not a programer but it just looks like he changed the logo and added his own gui elf to it which does mean that it is a clone.
    @sp193 replacing fmcb logo and add your own gui is this not a clone ???? iam not a programer but in the video it looked just like an fmcb clone the only effort he made is in the elf gui thats all really

9. 877
    TnA

TnA Member

Can you backup that claim?

Sorry, but I do not agree. FMCB/FHDB should be legal in almost all countries and the legality of 'handing over a project' isn't affected by it.

Regarding XEB+... That should be legal as well, depending on it's implementation...

Now that was quite a jump to @HWNJ, while quoting me where I said something to @sp193 and was talking about something totally different...

All the skins for OPL, SMS, wLE are not code...
    I am not so sure about his 'main-app' however. It could be 'something'...

Not necessarily... It doesn't need to be/have the logo and etc. in the loader...
    But it is similar to FMCB and Memento.

So then FMCB/FHDB is solely a clone of Memento? I don't think so!

Even if he 'just' made an ELF with his own ideas implemented and not just some skins, this would be quite interesting to try at least.

The whole 'package' also probably would be 'noob proof' like he claims.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    MALK likes this.
  10. 69
    MALK

MALK Member

philosopher
    Well the proff is that Sony stopped fmcb from working in new models like scph-9000x that means Sony do not want people to install any hack because it allows piracy of games
    if it was legal and allowed why did Sony block it in new models

well if all what fmcb did is grab Memento change a logo and then add something on it then yea it is a clone

Sorry i was talking in general not about the qoute i write in a weird fashion

11. 1,510
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

I can't help but step in here. Just because a company doesn't want you to do something &/or tries to block you from doing something doesn't make it illegal. If so then almost everything we do here would be illegal.

TnA, Tupakaveli and Cypher_CG89 like this.
  12. 7,506
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    brain.jpg

TnA and Tupakaveli like this.
  13. 69
    MALK

MALK Member

philosopher
    well its quite silly to think about it this way Sony blocked it for a reason which is that it can be used to play pirated games
    @kozarovv i saw what you did there lol

14. 877
    TnA

TnA Member

That's no proof at all. Just because they blocked it, it doesn't make it illegal.

Actually it is proof of the contrary!!!

If it were illegal, they/Sony would have taken legal consequences/actions against it within the last decade, just as they did with Modchips, sueing PS3-Hackers (even those who did something legal, like Graf Chokolo), DMCA-Takedowns for example PS3MCA and so on.

The DMCA-Takedown of PS3MCA is actually proof of your claim being false... They specifically only claimed the KELF-Gen-Algo-V2 - which includes their MG-Keys - to be illegal, but NOTHING from FMCB!

THAT'S PROOF right there, that your claim is false...!

That's one but not the only reason. They want to keep control about their ecosystems, which they intend to be closed.

Because they want to keep control over their ecosystem(s), which they intend to keep closed for that very same reason.

That doesn't make FMCB illegal... In fact, they probably would have (had) left it in, if they had any other way of getting ahold of it/FMCB via jurisdiction...

According to your very own definition I QUOTED, if a tool has a bootlogo and a custom GUI (+boots), it would be a clone... FMCB/FHDB matches this definition, especially compared to Memento... But in my opinion, it is MUCH more than just a clone!

Indeed... @kozarovv's picture is matching? ^^

No... It is called LOGIC and thinking this way is 'logical (thinking)'!

1. FMCB/FHDB itself does NOT support, what you claim here... Additional Software like OPL might be able to do that.
    2. Even if it would support that directly, that doesn't make it illegal 'from the start'. That's very much country-dependent.
    3. FMCB was MADE TO BE LEGAL (and comply/-ies to multiple international and national laws)!
    Bright mind? :D

Edit: That whole off-topic does not even relate to what I wrote... I wrote IMO SP193 is legally the owner... That has nothing to do with FMCB/FHDB being legal or not...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  15. 69
    MALK

MALK Member

philosopher
    @pink1 you are a mod can you please split the fmcb legal or illegal to its own thread we are going off topic over here
    [​IMG]
    @TnA you are woke

TnA likes this.
  16. 877
    TnA

TnA Member

I hope it is not the Gillette-/'Shill-ette'-'woke'! I like that picture, hahaha... :D

MALK likes this.
  17. 300
    RandQalan

RandQalan Moderator

Ok let me summarize this.
    This is on topic
    This guy by my observations is a sham (Wanted or needed attention)
    He either has had a friend who backs him or is an alternative personality of this supposed dev.
    So rap it up is either a con artist who wants cred or a clone artist of FMCB so JIMMI OR SP193 are the real deal or you all think a con artist is the real thing.
    @STLcardsWS Can I please close this BS thread now I know who is the real people (DEV) or can we keep this line of continuing rub the FAKE DEV open.

FYI I think it is funny all have seen him promise about every 3 months a beta version and it has been over 3 years without nothing at all to show.
    Just a lot of drama by a want to be dev.

pink1 and MALK like this.
  18. 69
    MALK

MALK Member

philosopher
    @RandQalan your exactly on point

sorryi dont quite understand this line what do you mean

19. 1,510
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

@MALK If I need to I can move it if we need to but I just saw it as a misunderstanding that we were trying to clear up and not too far off.

MALK likes this.
  20. 877
    TnA

TnA Member

MALK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.