PS3 Add PLEX to the NO PSN Apps

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 21, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 21, 2015 at 1:20 PM
  1. 9,308
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following the releases of No PSN Apps by bitsbubba and strictlyfocused that has freed those 3rd party apps of the intrusive PSN requirement that is not needed in order to run the applications such as Netflix, YouTube, CrunchyRoll, Crackle, Hulu+, Amazon Instant Video, IGN and Snagfilms (as seen below). Thanks to the efforts of biteyourconsole.net Admin Francesco Lanzillotta you can now add PLEX to the list of apps that have been freed of Sony's Spying . ​

Note This is the EU version, at this time the North American version has not been fixed but instructions of the process have been provided which should work on the North American version

10380696_10152503494606023_6027280464177757780_o-640x360.jpg

Recent NO PSN Apps by bitsbubba

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 21, 2015.

1. GroverCleveland
      GroverCleveland
      I can confirm the attached PKG file is working even on a North American system. I was unable to delve into the hex editing as I didn't have the time but once I installed the attached UK version (it installs alongside any existing versions from other regions without problem) I was able to launch and setup without ever having to use PSN. These No-PSN video apps are incredible, thanks to everyone for their hard work!
    2. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      still having issue with the CrunchyRoll app, resigning sprx puts them at 4.50 and when I try the EBOOT it can't find it even though rap is present

which pkg?
    3. GroverCleveland
      GroverCleveland
      The pkg that was attached to the initial post here on psx-place. If you'd like more info I can get you the MD5 when I get home later tonight, just let me know.
    4. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      which app, there are several pkgs in the initial post?
      Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    5. GroverCleveland
      GroverCleveland
      The one I downloaded was the one from the original post that was located under the quote box outlining your existing No-PSN apps; the working install PKG is hosted on mediafire and has the filename of 'EP0001-NPEB02214_00-0000000000000000.pkg' additionally it weighs in at 40.87 MB.
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    6. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    7. javito1081
      javito1081
      Do u have the updated 1.01 version? cause if i install this it forces me to update to 1.01 and iv been unable to find 1.01 with no psn access, i tried to follow the procedure on the main post for the 1.01 version but i cant find with hex editor the psn line to set false :-(
    8. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      This is an older thread, all new NOPSN stuff is posted in the link below:

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/co...d-for-nopsn-access-quick-download-list.14565/
    9. complexusername
      complexusername
      The Plex 1.01 pkg has not been given the NoPSN treatment. @esc0rtd3w has had more important things to work on like ps3xploit but i'm sure he'll get to it at some point!
    10. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      it has always been set to false, which means the pass is somewhere else within the package. I haven't looked into NoPSN apps in quite some time but if I have time I might
    11. javito1081
      javito1081
      oh please do, i really wanna use plex on my ps3 without psn :-( also do u know where to find the latest spotify 1.22 no psn pkg? cause all the links iv found so far r dead :-(
    12. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      have you tried here https://mega.nz/#F!ZHxwSBQA!6Cxdr6bohOXAYhN0IQBgZg
    13. javito1081
      javito1081
    14. complexusername
      complexusername
      If you're on the same network as your Plex Media Server, enable UPnP on Plex and install Movian on your PS3 to stream the videos across your network! Much better solution than Plex's horrible PS3 app.
      bitsbubba likes this.
    15. catalinnc
      catalinnc
      here are both EU and US v1.01 PLEX pkgs N0PSN FiX3D...
      Code:
      PLEX.v1.01.N0PSN.FiX3D.475.zip
      http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/fugL6lv8/file.html
      _

p.s. some feedback will be nice...
      _
      bitsbubba likes this.
    16. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      did you fix these?
    17. catalinnc
      catalinnc
      sure...is description not clear?.."N0PSN.FiX3D"...
      _

p.s. if the question is about if i personally do it (my work) then the answer is yes...i personally do it following the 1st post instructions...i do not know if the EBOOT fix is working for v1.01 so feedback is welcome...
      _
      bitsbubba likes this.
    18. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      yes us wanted to know if you yourself fixed them so I can add you as credit on the XMBPD update I'm doing, when I add these files the the NoPSN download section wehen we get them tested :)
    19. javito1081
      javito1081
      Any news on spotify 1.22 app no psn? i still havent been able to find it :-(
    20. javito1081
      javito1081
      i just tried the us app and still asks for psn login :-(