Game You're Playing Right Now [Console/PC/Smartphone/Everything]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kozarovv, Sep 14, 2016.

1. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard/Musician
    Home Page:
    I agree that's utterly stupid not letting users use a simple feature of storing the games but again, it's piracy they're trying to avoid by simply not letting users transfering games to other foreign systems and not giving them access to the actual game files.

It's still ok that you have the games on the cloud but I understand that re-downloading them again and so on.

Yeah it'll just force people to buy more SD cards and Nintendo already knows since you mentioned that they're selling their own ones.
    They're chancers mate and they know it.

Use one card for your fav games and another one for new ones or something then if you really dig transfer to your favs but it'll just build up to the point you'll run out of room again and you'll have to cash out in more sd cards.

Would be cool if there was an exploit that would enable you to store your own purchased games tbh.

sorry seems I misunderstood you there.
    so wait a minute , what are the sd cards for anyways?
    that sucks tbh, if there's some kind of exploit for it you should use it if that's bumming you.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    pinky likes this.
  2. 12,141
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the card I have fit 84 games (possibly one more if I buy the trine quadrilogy).

3. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    So can you transfer the games to the card or not?
    That's my question.

You mentioned that you can't transfer the games to the card but now you're saying you got 84 games in the card.
    confused.com
    xD
    keep it fonky wee laddddddd xD

4. 12,141
    pinky

you can't. I had to redownload the games that were on the internal flash from the eshop. I have a backup copy of every game I own though. it took two or three days to compress all of them to nsz format. I decompressed them, then checked nsp verify again. everything is good.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Filipe Santos likes this.
  5. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    Ah so you did manage to transfer the games to your sd cards.
    Good.

Yeah just keep doin' that . Download em to console then backup to your media of choice , if you're running out of room on sd cards I would store 'em in hdd. XD
    That way ya always have roomy on SD cards XD_b

6. 12,141
    pinky

I have them stored on six hdds. however, you can't use an hdd with the switch, at least legitimately.

7. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    Yes of course you can't use the hdd , you'll always have to transfer games from hdd to sd card but it's easy done :)

8. 12,141
    pinky

that's actually how I have mine setup (every game I own is backed up, verified as complete, compressed, and verified as safe using a few apps: nsp verify, switch backup manager, 4nxci, xci builder, nx info, and nca rebuilder to compress to nsz. I have copies as xci, nsp, and nsz. since I haven't exploited my system (it is exploitable based on serial number), I can't really test anything. I'm going to go legit from now. I've learned just enough to get games working, but I'm definitely uncertain about saves. btw, compressing knocked my size down from 404GBs to 300GBs.

upload_2019-10-23_7-29-46.png

9. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    Just about to ask you ...
    so did you have to exploit your system to do that or is that a function already enabled by nintendo?
    I mean the transfering games to sd card and then store them on hdd.

Your games are legit are they not , you bought them , unless you downloaded them from some other secret places XD

10. 12,141
    pinky

most of those games are European variants while I have the American versions. I have one game from a different region, so I know that saves are not compatible across regions (doesn't detect my American eshop save). digital and physical games share the same save, except if the save and game are from different regions. since I haven't hacked my system, I downloaded only the games I own. and, since I'm going digital only, I know that the games won't be up forever, so it's reassurance that I always have the games. afaik, the usb port is only for peripherals aside from an hdd. I guess that would cause an issue, since it's supposed to be a portable device.

11. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    Yeah saves aren't compatible across regions which is a shame really since it's the same game, but I know it doesn't work because the games have different region codes so that's why I think them saves don't work anyways.

that's the main reason why I was suggesting storing your stuff big time .

exactly.

yes of course , i wasn't counting on pluggin' the hdd straight onto the switch anyways , but it's cool you managed to transfer the games off your sd onto pc and store on hdd and vice-versa when you want to load up some stuff onto switch.

so the feature to transfer games saved in switch's internal memory to sd card it's a feature that nintendo allows?

12. 12,141
    pinky

no, the switch can't copy saves to usb or micro sd. you either have them on the system or through cloud. that's one of the biggest mistakes nintendo has made with the system. my original switch failed from a faulty cable, so I lost all saves. to use cloud, you have to be a part of nintendo online (which I am now). nintendo said that the system had nand corruption, so saves couldn't be saved. the only two I really wanted to save were mega man x6 and octopath traveler (on last chapter 4 for my characters with over 100 hours). the irony is that if I had hacked the machine, I could've gotten those saves off the system with checkpoint. that's pretty much what you get for going legit. :-p

13. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    you're legit anyways mate you're buying the games and storing the games you bought there's nothing wrong with that man.
    just cuz you enabled your switch to perform that feature doesn't mean you're a criminal IMO.
    you're still legit, you're supporting the devs and companies that are making the games and you have bought the switch anyways, so whether nintendo likes it or not I couldn't care less because I know how ''anal'' they are with issuing takedowns around the internet such as the Another Metroid 2 Remake or even Sega with the Streets of Rage remake which are fantastic .

pinky likes this.
  14. 12,141
    pinky

that is one thing I hate about nintendo -- cease and desist letters for fanmade games. they don't seem to realize that without the fans, the company would be worth jack squat. now that the switch has become the fastest selling console of all time, it would be a shame if that aspect of the company caused that success to be taken away.

15. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    the fans only made it because nintendo didn't and it was only after AM2R game was made that really took nintendo to release the Metroid 2 they've released , altho they're both very different , I prefer the AM2R for the classic feel and atmosphere.
    I understand they're protective of their own creations but what they've could've done was grabbing that game and officialize it by themselves.
    Nintendo would still be able to release their own version. everyone would be happy.
    If i'm not wrong , think Sega's already doing that letting new programmers and small teams handle their big ip's.
    Sonic Mania was one of them , Wonderboy 4 remake and Streets of Rage 4 but that there imo was just vapor. XD

16. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:

sorry posted on wrong thread
    please move to offtopic share your jams.
    thanks guys.

17. 12,141
    pinky

streets of rage 4 is a who's who among composers with yuzo koshiro being one of them. he did the music for ys, one of my favorite games, as well as etrian odyssey (my favorite ds/3ds series). I don't know what system streets of rage 4 is on, so I might get it.

18. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    I haven't checked but I don't think it has come out yet . I think it should be on all available systems. Have a look.
    Last time i checked it was just the trailer and seen it's only 2 characters so it kinda sucks not having the old crew back up again except for an older axel and a very well fit blaze even 20 years later or someshit like that. XD
    Woman should be married by now with her kids husband and family XD

19. 12,141
    pinky

I've made some more progress in dragon quest 3:

I found the sword of kings. someone in one of the towns mentions seeing something sparkling in the horses' pasture. that's when I found the orihalcum. from there, I found out about a legendary swordsmith in another town. I noticed that orihalcum could only be sold to the item shop owner. I did that, exited the town, then returned. sword of kings was available for purchase. now, I have all three vestments (attack power over 300 now). the only thing I'm still trying to figure out is the sphere of light and the sun stone. it's driving me crazy. I think I know where the sun stone is, but it has something to do with the sphere of light, which I have no idea what to do with.

20. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    Tantengel