Hey why you don't have jailbreak for my cech - 3002? You're too lazy to do it?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by kozarovv, Jun 7, 2015.

1. 135
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

I am not a very knowledgeable person about hacking or encryption.

But as far as i understand, taking a large encryption head on is useless. Instead of breaking some big encryption, a better approach is to find vulnerability/loop holes/flaws/back doors in a system. That's how PS3 was jailbroken in first place due to unique flaw in firmware 3.55. Similarly, XBox 360s had a vulnerability of their DVD drives.

Companies have gotten smarter and making their system very close gated. Its very hard to find loopholes and flaws (unless they make some dumb mistake). Also encryption will only get stronger with time goes on. At some point it will be pointless to take encryption head on.

But i don't know how hacker community thinks and operate. Maybe someone who is actually a part of this can give you a better idea.

2. 1,933
    Berion

Berion Developer

No... In the first place was RSX glitching and OtherOS>>Linux research.
    "Unique flaw" was since fw prototype firmwares up and included to 3.55. First seriously jailbreak was appear on 3.41.

I don't know how X360 ODD fw hacks was created, but on PS3 we was be able to calculate private keys, which means we are be able properly signed anything in firmware package. This was first time in history when firm doesn't properly implementing ECDSA ;) and second one when scene and warez-scene get such keys (as I remember, in ancient times, keys for Symbian was stolen).

Algol likes this.
  3. 5,113
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
    Never understood why Sony would use such a strong encryption method and not implement it properly. Guess they felt the security was strong enough as they didn't have any entry point. But it might have held up if the idiots didn't send a jig back with a system giving them an entry point. Sony shot themselves twice doing this. LOL

4. 1,901
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Yes this is true, but you need a certain web browser to access it...... I am NOT going to tell people which one. You can literally get anything you want on it> drugs, guns, explosives etc. It is someting you DO NOT want to use. And to be honest is used by some very dangerous people.

You really want to know about this...... I doubt it. The hacking of console's and such is different to other forms of hacking> eg I have an app that will destroy your PS3, an app that will upload a nasty virus to anyone who attempts to breach my home network.

There are many forms of hacking.

Algol likes this.
  5. 1,901
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    By the way ALL PlayStation Reps that work for [email protected] that go around gaming shops with the PODs in have the FSM USB stick with all the keys on with them.... For example I was taking to one one in my local gaming shop a couple of yeras ago that had a PS4 Pod in it and I noticed what he had when he was updating the PS4 in the POD..... he even offered to unlock my PS4 for me> FULL JB PS4 ... but I didn't have a PS4 at the time.

I should of just knocked him out and took it lol..... I was very tempted to.

6. 10,454
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

saying your system is "unhackable" is like catnip for hackers. tbh, microsoft's software security puts sony's to shame.

Danxx444 likes this.
  7. 1,933
    Berion

Berion Developer

@pinky Are You sure? On Windows 10? ;) Maybe just those enigmatic hackers doesn't give a sh*t of XBO, when peoples could load some "custom apps" via XDK? I strongly believe there is escape from UWP chains but this is only believe. ;}

8. 10,454
    pinky

well, you still need a hardware mod to hack the 360 fully. you also can't sign in with a jtag or an rgh. to flash the drive, you still need to open up the system. to use the xkey, you need the dvd key, which requires opening the system up too. there's also no way to flash the drive with a jtag or an rgh. you can get the dvd key, but you can't flash it, not that you'd want to.

with the ps4, you need licenses to dump the games as the games must be bootable, but after that, you can reencrypt with a debug license. the same is kinda true with the vita. the content must've been bought in order to get a zrif, which is also needed to decrypt packages. I believe that's how nonpdrm works actually. it just needs access to the work.bin to make a fake license.

also, the psp, vita, ps3, and ps4 pkg links can be accessed on a computer with no verification. with the switch, you're banned instantly as downloading content requires the console certificate, and the xbox 360's download links are closed, so games must be bought, downloaded, then reupped. the only thing they massively screwed up on is the fact that making content free on that system only requires replacing the header with yaris', which afaik was the only free game. I know it was pulled from the store (don't know if it's back), but by that time the damage was done.

9. 1,933
    Berion

Berion Developer

I have in mind XBO. About X360 I have almost zero knowledge. So anyway, thanks for the info. I have in plans to buy X360 for few games (+achievements ;p) like Witcher 2, Forza and Halo series, Banjoo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, and even Viva Pinata. :D

10. 7,373
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I prefer M$ here. Homebrew work, online crap not infected by 12 year old kids with mod menus that can't play like a men, what more you need? Fact, you need to pay one time 20$ for enabling homebrew (dev mode), but is not a big deal for me.
    PS4 hacks for now are also funny from end-user side, lol. Who gonna keep 2xPS4 to play something that can be played on 2009 android phone? :D PS4 have worse homebrew situation than xbox one in some weird way. On xbox one you can have latest fw, enjoy online, and play retroarch. On PS4 this not gonna happen, and if it is, thae it mean that keys will be leaked, and all online services turn on into real crap like on ps3.
    Probably one of main points is that they can't "jailbreak it to make homebrew work". Because M$ already did it. Of course, there is always "full control over my system" , and "backup my content" thing if someone really need reason. :)
    I believe that someone already did it. But this is only believe. ;)

Berion likes this.
  11. 290
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Member

:rapture:Since at the moment it is not possible to break this key, with the HEN that we currently have, would it be possible to get closer and closer to applying the maximum possible functionality of a CFW? (I know that a CFW has MANY things, but at least or reach the limit of what can be adapted or not.) or from the HEN, create a type of "CFW" for nonCFW's and Super Slim. being its a "subCFW" .... I do not know if you guys understood my point. Maybe I'm kind of crazy to say these things :rolleyes2::rolleyes:

12. 5,113
    atreyu187

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

I wouldn't hold my breath. As stated when ECDSA is implemented properly is has NEVER been hacked not just in the PS3 application of it. It is and has been one of the most secure forms of encryption for over 30 years. It would take a super PC something along the lines of 1,000+ years to bruteforce the key if you got lucky. The only "hack" that has had any success was using a microphone to record the sounds sent to and from to mimic the same response but can't be applied via software.

pinky likes this.
  13. 10,454
    pinky

I was going to mention the sound thing ("white noise?"), but I couldn't remember the specifics of it. there was someone, think his name was modrob, who was taking that approach. I couldn't find a link to it though, so I'm basing that off of memory.

14. 5,113
    atreyu187

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

I just looked as well seems he got RSA and ECDSA backwards. So this won't work for the PS3 as it doesn't use RSA. I was recalling the same thing you were. He got his info messed up.

15. 10,454
    pinky

I think the problem with sony's thinking (perhaps all three of the big name console developers) is the belief that you have to break the encryption/security entirely in order to exploit the system when that's simply not the case. cfw as it stands with the ps3 may be a thing of the past, so might as well take an easier route and exploit vulnerabilities in the less secure components of the system. the irony is that security or drm really only hurts legit users. that's what utterly caused the vita to fail.

16. 172
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

What a time to be alive.

Like most other's, I was peer pressured into social media wayyyyyy back in the myspace days. I remember all sorts of people I went to school with asking me if "I had a myspace" and I'd just be like "lolwut?" I've long since retired from just about all of it though. Main reason I embarked on that crusade was because I needed ladies in my life back then LOL!

How Donald Trump won the election is a whole different conspiracy / story / whatever. Though none of this is relevant to the Playstation, it's still fascinating lmao. I fear for the future of society and humanity. There's a lot of disturbing shit happening in this day and age. False flags, proxy wars, humans failing to "live and let live" the list goes on and on. It's like something out of a MGS game lmao.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    snkplkn likes this.
  17. 10,454
    pinky

I think the problem is that people have lost the ability to think for themselves. very few read anything about anything. they just go with what's easiest or rely on things that are familiar. as the old saying goes, either believe everything or reject everything - in both cases, it stops you from thinking.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  18. 1,933
    Berion

Berion Developer

@Major_Pothead92 About MGS: well, private arm companies? Checked. Proxy wars? Checked. Social engineering? Checked. Orwell/Huxley worlds? Not to much missing but it's on the horizon. ;)

snkplkn and Major_Pothead92 like this.
  19. 135
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

On

Social media was free! Still is! Of course one reason to be on social media is to meet girls (or boys). Its a cool place to hang out. But remember the very basic lesson of life - Nothing is free. And Social engineering / mass psychological profiling / manipulation of public opinion are the most evil paybacks of "free" social media. Now enjoy it.

In US elections, big Cybertech companies (SCL-CA etc) prepared psychological profile of millions of people. You know, they even boost about their audacity. They say, that they can predict your voting patterns just by knowing your responses to 20 questions. You see these type of questionnaires & promotional stuff going around on social media.

Then once they have obtained the massive voter profiles. They employ voter targeting tailor-made for every profile. Its very different from TV marketing and promotions. On TV, you get electoral Ads that has to sway millions of voter. But on internet, you can target 20 different types of voter with 100 different type of ads. Its like whispering something in ears of every voter to convince them with special message for everyone. Its a fascinating strategy.

Reality is stranger than fiction. The multistate congressional hearings and investigations about role of social media in election interference are just unbelievable (just see testimony of whistleblower Christopher Wylie). Its out in the open, yet people are hooked onto social media and internet. Most people don't have any critical thinking. Not even common sense. Again that's the age we live in.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  20. 135
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Regarding the hacking in general and future of gaming consoles.

Something i like to ask. Why PC games and softwares are easier to crack? You can find cracks and 0day releases of new games soon after games are released. I guess, that's one good reason to still to PCs, as they are not closed gates like consoles.

I once remember that there was something called Starforce protection that was supposed to be anti-dote to stop piracy of games. But then its was cracked as well. I am not an expert, but i see that many types of PC Softwares and Games protections are defeated long before hackers defeated consoles. Why is that?