PS3 Need help regarding CECHL04 fat ps3

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Kazama, Jun 12, 2019.

1. 62
    Kazama

Kazama Forum Noob

I have used the cfw before and I have a 60% knowledge of CFW. My minvercheck return 2.56 or later. I can probably install CFW but I have never used the new ps3xploit flasher and dumper tools (I'm on 4.84 ofw , I have used the great HAN and HEN before). I am afraid of doing/installing it/cfw because I could end up in brick as @pinky said.

After installing CFW , I would like to sell fat ps3 and then I will buy the Slim ps3.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  2. 5,803
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Get a slim and install CFW. So long as you use the dump checker and everything is ok there isn't a brick risk. Not hard to do and well worth all the extra features. Not to mention the headache of enabling everytime.

Kazama likes this.
  3. 62
    Kazama

Kazama Forum Noob

Thank you. I am installing CFW today and i will report here. I can do it with following instructions , thanks for support..
    I have again a small doubt i know the CECHL04 is NOR system after seeing ps3dev wiki sku models , but again i need confirmation that is it CECHL04 ps3 NOR or NAND ??

I have power cut problems in my area so is it my CECHL04 brick if the power cut happens ? if it bricked then can it be unbrick without using hardware flasher ?

I Will use the fat (with usb ports) ps3 some days and then sell it soon...!!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  4. 12,148
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I had a friend who lived somewhere in India where there were a lot of power outages. I think he used a generator whenever he updated to avoid that from happening.

Kazama likes this.
  5. 62
    Kazama

Kazama Forum Noob

I have successfully installed the CFW on my fat ps3.

Thank you so much to all.

jcorrea likes this.
  6. 399
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Surely change thermal paste at least on top of IHS and use webman fan control utility. webman may have some problems with CECHL so you may wanna try other fan control utilities. I think IRISMAN also has something like it. Set your payload Temp to 68c. No need to setting up at 65c in fat models.

You can also try this. But you have to launch it every time after starting PS3. It doesn't auto start on boot up.

https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=234

Kazama likes this.
  7. 62
    Kazama

Kazama Forum Noob

I can open up the slim ps3 but I never tried dissembling the fat ps3 but I will try.

I have changed the webman settings and it is working fine with my fat ps3. No fan related issues.