UPDATE v1.01/.02 have been released v2.0 has been released v3.0.1 has been released
Original Thread See Link above for Updated PS3HEN v2.xxx ^
Huge news for nonCFW compatible PS3 Models (SuperSlims and late Slim Models) as anonymous developer's have dropped a huge bombshell with the release of PS3HEN. Just recently we seen the release of HFW (Hybrid Firmware) for the PS3, proving once again that the development scene is still alive and kicking to bring a new window of exploration to 4.84 by bringing back a patched webkit (from 4.82) in a rather clever approach. Which restored the PS3Xploit Tools for 4.84 for both Custom Firmware Compatible Models (for CFW installs) and for nonCFW models that utilized the less powerful etHANel (aka HAN) exploit that with today's news will be an obsolete hack with the emergence of the PlayStation3 first HEN or otherwise known as a Homebrew ENabler. So, yes that means SuperSlim Console's and late Slims PS3 Models (aka nonCFW models) can now FINALLY enjoy PS3 Homebrew at last, but that is not all this PS3HEN release brings to the table. As there is a number of CFW patches / features that come along for the ride as well, while not on quite par with CFW functionality completely it does provide a number of functions that is very exciting and very close to a CFW experience (especially with homebrew support)..Some additional features include things like Boot-Plugin Support, BDISO Support, Cinavia patches are just a few of the features/patches you can see outlined in the release notes:
This has been a long journey for the SuperSlim's/late slims who were left on the outside of the community for a very long time and then finally got an introduction to hacks with the HAN exploit and now with a more powerful HEN that has now emerged finally there will be plenty of new possibilities.
UPDATED v1.01 /.02 Released
- Renamed stackframe_v11.bin to stackframe.bin
- Added boot_plugins_nocobra.txt
- Added USB and HDD offline packages
- HAN-signed PS3HENtai package
- Fixed missing "Enable HEN" icon while CFW files are being used, with new USB and HDD offline packages
A Powerful Homebrew ENabler (HEN) for nonCFW compatible PS3 Models
What is HEN?:
- HEN stands for Homebrew ENabler. it also consists of many more new functions relatively close to a Custom Firmware (CFW)
How does it work?:
- Install HAN Enabler. Copy PS3HEN.BIN, HENTAI.pkg and stackframe.bin(READ:rename) to /dev_usb000 and run the HTML.
- Once done, go to Package manager and install the HENTAI.pkg and reboot console
- From now on to enable HEN simply use usb000 stackframe.bin and PS3HEN.BIN and run html...HEN ENABLED!
Noob Friendly Instructions (Added by psx-place.com thanks @Louay)
- Install HFW 4.84.2 (Found here) from Official firmware 4.84
- Then use HAN Installer to get Package Manger in XMB Game colmun
- Copy the 2 BINs (PS3HEN.bin + stackframe.bin) from download file (of PS3HEN v1.0.0) along with HENTAI.pkg to root of USB
- Install the HENTAI PKG via Package Manager on the XMB
- Use HEN Enabler @ ps3xploit.com website (there is offline see @esc0rtd3w twitter post or next tab)
- Now HEN is Enabled launch your chosen homebrew and run if it give you 80010017 then re use HEN Enabler cause it didn't activate properly
FEATURES (as of v1.00):
- ManaGunz backup manager works best for jb rips(ISO not supported)!
- MULTIMAN works too but compatibility is not the same.
- PSXISO Support is there!!!!
- BD/DVD Region patches
- BDISO support(stutter with xmb, use showtime)
- BOOT-PLUGINS WORK location "/dev_usb000/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt"(Use webman original one and not the mod one. also disable content scan on boot in settings)
- Discless games work with disc icon!
- Syscall 6 added
- Syscall 7 added (address>0x8000000000352230) and disabled overwriting syscall 0->15
- Syscall 15 added
- Syscall 8 opcodes added for detection HEN and for advanced lv2 poke(read DEVELOPER SECTION)
- Whole kernel memory RWX (execute kernel payload like this at high locations or hook syscalls etc)
- PS3MAPI support for modding
CFW PATCHES RUNNING ON PS3HEN:
- Debug PKG install
- Homebrew resigned for 3.55 and less support!
- Homebrew Root Flags enabled!
- HAN PKG insall support
- PSN Connectivity
- All process executed after HEN have rwx permissions!
- HAN Enabled by default!
- CFW settings
- Retail/DEBUG pkg installation
- Unlink to Delete
- Remote play with PC
- Download debug pkg on retail
- Remote play ignores SFO check
- Cinavia protection
- DVD region check (not cracking RCE)
- REBUG themed RCO & XML
- AIO copy
- if you get error 80010017 launching homebrew that simply means HEN failure, restart console and try again!(restart is important!)
- also try deleting cache, browsing data, cookies and the likes from browser, make the exploit page the home page
- Added by psx-place (via @esc0rtd3w) -msg source
- without boot_plugins_nocobra.txt file on usb000 it wont load WebMan at /dev_hdd0/plugins/webftp_server.sprx (/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt/file) Note: its actually not a problem or an issue. it prevents bad plugins from running
- Added by psx-place (via @habib) - msg Source
Error Code 80028f22 occurs with trying to launch currently unsupported ISO games (ps3)
- Added by psx-place (via @habib)
Black screen occurs on homebrew when not re-signed or rarely occurs for no reason (hen failure)
- #define SYSCALL8_OPCODE_IS_HEN 0x1337
- using this if return 0x1337 its hen
- ADVANCED POKE:syscall8(0x7003, addr, value);
- this allows poking any location in lv2 memory BUT you have to restore original value before exiting to another application or exiting to xmb.USE WISELY OTHERWISE PS3 SHUTS DOWN
- BDMIRROR:Managunz FTW!(please use Cobra payload because by default its MULTIMAN)
- NOTE:mounting dev_blind will actually mount dev_flash. change files directly from dev_flash instead or hdd0/plugins/CFW/
- Kernel Mode returns 0x53434500 on success to user webkit 0x8a000000. its good to measure HEN success. right now hen is already close to or is 100%
- DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ENABLE FSM (Factory Service Mode) ON A PS3 WITH PS3HEN! - Source
- CONNECTION TO PSN SHOULD BE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DISABLING CFW SYSCALLS MAY NOT HIDE YOUR HEN WHILE ON PSN (a popular method used by CFW user's may not be suited for PS3HEN user's)
- DO NOT INSTALL CCAPI (ControlConsole API)
Apps / Utilities / Tools updated for PS3HEN Support (if needed)
This section has been added by psx-place.com
Q.) What is the differences between PS3HEN & Custom Firmware?
A.) (via habib) So, the limitations of hen
1.resigning is needed of homebrews!
2.some homebrews need updates to support(READ:Readme)
3.erk dumper or tools such as IDPSet are not possible
4.ps3 iso are not possible
5.(could be fixed with some reversing) NPDRM paid licenses won’t work if not signed with HAN key(tools such as reactpsn need update or fix in hen needed)
6.(BUG)since NPDRM paid licenses won’t work when HEN enabled(thus HAN with it), original paid content won’t work without resign or when hen enabled
7.its just not permenant like CFW
SEE: PS3HEN v3.0.1
See the (Work In Progress) PS3 Starter Guide for PS3 HEN user's
We will be adding alot of content to over the next days >>> LINK <<<
PS3 PS3HEN: A Homebrew ENabler (& more) for SuperSlim & all nonCFW PS3 Consoles !!!
By STLcardsWS on Apr 26, 2019 at 10:23 PM
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to the PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. And the good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And the even better thing is, he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
RetroArch (PS2 - v1.8.8) - Utilizing New PS2 SDK / Toolchain adds performance upgradesThere has been some great work being done in the PS2 community, First off i would like to give two PS2 developer a big shoutout and some recognition (I failed in doing so in my previous coverage back in April, thanks to @TnA for pointing that out ) with work done on the PS2 SDK / Toolchain as PS2 developer's @uyjulian and @Maximus32 have been working and progressing the toolchain and SDK for sometime as you can read about some of that progress and follow some of the development in this thread.
Developer @fjtrujy has also put in some great work to the project and has utilized and adopted the improved toolchain for the RetroArch PS2 port and can be seen with the release of RetroArch v1.8.8 and its been a good descion for the homebrew (multi-system emulator) as it has been getting significant performance increases, right now we only have one new core and its a classic from the 80's (theodore libretro core), but the existing cores have an incredible performance boost for instance the QuickNESContinue reading
The latest with RetroArch (PS4-Unofficial): PSP emulation in next update along with OOSDK conversionSince the release of unofficial version of RetroArch (PS4-R3) from developer @OsirisX and subsequently the source code release that came along with it, we surprisingly have not seen or heard much in regards to an official team adopting this release to make it official. We can however more then likely gather some clues and "connect some dots" from the OG port that started it all on the PS3 and has since been pulled in recent and replace with the still in development Psl1ght (Open Source) SDK port rather then the previous versions that used the official sony sdk. With the Open Orbis SDK (OoSDK) release recently for the PS4, this seems to be the approach for the PS4 to become official as well,
Recently developer OsirisX has stated that he wants to convert the project's to OoSDK before another release is made, but the developer has already made some progress and teases a bit of that progress in the video below showing a new core being supported in PPSSPP. When asked about potential PSP or PS2 Support the developer stated the plan is to include PSP support (via PPSSPP core) in the next release. The teaser video show's GTA Vice City Stories being quite playable (video shows FPS counter) so if this game looks this well, many others should play very well also. There is still alot of great development going on with this port by developer OsirisX. .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Jerry Saylor