UPDATE 1 (OCT. 11 2018) - With the release of OFW 4.83 portions of PS3Xploit have been patched, The team is looking at workarounds, STAY ON 4.82, DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.83 AT THIS TIME:
UPDATE 2 (MARCH -2019) HFW (Hybrid Firmware) Released - Allows for PS3Xploit Tools / Hacks (including HAN) to work for 4.84 (OFW) OFFICIAL FIRMWARE (See Here) Also the HAN Exploit was updated to v3.01 for 4.84 HFW support
The PS3Xploit Team has done it yet once again with an incredible breakthrough that has now just gone LIVE for everyone and as the recent teaser recently suggested it's for those later Slim & SuperSlim models who are not capable of using CFW (aka NoN CFW Compatible Models). While not a HEN (Homebrew Enabler) it's a volatile dose of "HAN" (short for etHANol). This version of the hack has evolved to offer something to every PS3 model now. All existing models will now have the ability to get PS3 games backup pkg installation and PS1/PS2/PSP emulators support among other features as outlined by developer bguerville who is going to take from here with this introduction of PS3Xploit v3.0 -- Codenamed: "HAN"
PS3Xploit Team is pleased to announce the official release of the PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 project nicknamed 'HAN'.
PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 is a suite of 6 tools supporting both official firmware versions 4.81 & 4.82. The only pre-requirement to use HAN is to have an activated PSN user account.
It's recommend not to use your main PSN account but rather a spare one.
Users should create a new secondary user account on the PS3 then activate a new PSN account in it.
This secondary ps3 account should be used to perform all the pkg installations. Then for regular gaming, use the primary user account.
The principle behind HAN is quite simple, due to a vulnerability in the way npdrm content is managed, it is possible to resign game related files with custom keys, patch vsh & install resigned pkg from XMB.
The first tool, on the PC side, ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe should be used to generate rif files and create new signed_act.dat. You should place the act.dat/idps.hex, previously dumped with HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper, in the resigner directory and drag matching rap file for your game onto the executable file. Then rename the new "signed_act.dat" to "act.dat" and place it on USB drive along with the new rif file. The files are now ready to be pushed to the PS3 using the HAN ACT/RIF Copier.
** It is recommended to resign all the pkgs that require Han enabler with this tool**
** Packages which are converts and packages which needs rif activation **
** keep original act.dat in a safe place **
Resigner Tool Repo: https://github.com/PS3Xploit/PS3xploit-resigner
On the PS3 side, the other 5 ps3xploit tools are:
1. HAN Installer - Copies necessary system files to PS3 to run HAN.
2. HAN Enabler - Enables the HAN patches
3. HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper - Dumps current user profile user act.dat & PS3 IDPS to USB.
4. HAN ACT/RIF Copier - Copies the resigned act.dat & generated rif file from USB to the current user profile.
5. HAN Debug PKG Enabler - Provided optionally for users wishing to install debug pkg. Note that if you run this patch you will not be able to install any pkg resigned with the ps3xploit resigner for HAN anymore until you reboot!
The 'HAN' project is solely relying on userland exploitation to provide digital backups support for the majority of PS3 Games as well as PS1/PS2/PSP Emulators (within the ps3 firmware) and the ability to install PKG files from USB. PS3 PKG Game backups need to be prepared using TABR like technique and only ps3 games having an available "game update" are supported.
PKG files are installed from the Games XMB column, using a version of the Rebug Package Manager tweaked for this project. On USB of course, the FAT32 limitation of 4Gb is still in effect, it's a partition type limitation, nothing we can do about that. However workarounds using a local server can be used to remedy the situation if required.
To get best results initializing the exploit, remember to load the pages directly from a clean browser session. Never browse to an exploit page from other pages & never use a homepage other than blank or the exploit page you wish to use.
We recommend to:
1. Go to the ps3 browser homepage option & choose blank homepage.
2. Create favourites to HAN Enabler & the other HAN pages you wish to use.
3. Restart the browser.
4. Use the favourites to access any page from complete scratch.
5. Reload the browser between exploits.
PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 Overview
1. HAN style packages allowed (Patched external modules ecdsa)
2. PSX/PSP Free license type allowed (Patched sceNpdrmHeader check)
3. Resigned ACT.DAT & RIF allowed
4. Cinavia protection removed on HDD content
5. OFW Package Manager
6. Debug pkg file support added (optional)
7. reactPSN alternative solution for OFW users
Instructions for Each Tool in v3.0
PS3 HAN Installer
This tool will copy files from USB to Flash Memory to install OFW Package Manager.
- Extract all files from "han_supportfiles.zip" on target USB drive root
- Load Exploit Page
- Select Root Path where these files are (default /dev_usb000/)
- Click "Initialize HAN Installer" button
- When init ready, click "Launch HAN Installation" button to copy files to flash and reboot
- Once rebooted, you can now use the HAN Enabler and Debug Package Enabler
PS3 HAN Enabler
This tool will enable the HAN patches.
- Load Exploit Page
- Click "Initialize HAN Enabler" button
- When init ready, click "Enable HAN" button to activate patches
- Once browser closes (default option) you can install HAN packages from XMB
PS3 HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper
This tool will dump your activation file (act.dat) and your IDPS.
- Load Exploit Page
- Select Dump Path From Dropdown Box (default /dev_usb000/)
- Click "Initialize ACT/IDPS Dumper" button
- When init ready, click "Dump ACT.DAT & IDPS" button
- The browser will close automatically by default
PS3 HAN ACT/RIF Copier
This tool will write back to the PS3 a modified act.dat and *.rif file
- Load Exploit Page
- Change RIF File Name to match your target
- example PS2 Placeholder: 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333
- Select Root Path where act.dat/*.rif is located (default /dev_usb000/)
- Click "Initialize AC/RIF Copier" button
- When init ready, click "Copy Files" button to transfer to HDD
PS3 HAN Debug PKG Enabler
This tool will allow Debug Package types to be installed if required. Do not use this tool if you install pkg files resigned with the ps3xploit resigner app.
- Load Exploit Page
- Click "Initialize HAN Debug PKG Enabler" button
- When init ready, click "Enable Debug PKG" button to activate patches.
- Once browser closes (default option) you can install Debug pkg packages from XMB.
All files are hosted on http://www.ps3xploit.com
(See ScreenShot below)
UPDATE (USEFUL LINKS)
PS3 PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 "HAN" released NoN CFW Compatible Slim & SuperSlim Models)
By bguerville on Mar 13, 2018 at 11:17 PM
Meet "PSVshell" - a very beautiful and useful Overclocking Plugin by ElectryThe PlayStation Vita was a "powerful" Handheld Console back when it was released by the end of 2011 - wow, already 8 years old btw . But claiming by Sony that it can bring you the same power and good Gaming Experience like a Home Console, soon many people found out that this isn't the case for all Games released. But luckily, thanks to the great Homebrew Community behind the PSVita, we already saw in the past many "Overclocking Plugins", which can bring you the full potential to your PSVita, even more powerful than Sony would allowed. But sometimes, even those weren't perfect . Either they slowed down your Games when in use, they crashed the whole System or it was just some simple things like that the whole Screen was "crowded" with the Details of each of your setting everytime when you needed to change them. But the cool thing is, this Homebrew Community hears your complaints. So Developer Electry worked on that and introduced his very own Overclocking Plugin - it's "yet another overclocking plugin" to quote him - by fixing all those problems mentioned before. And the coolest thing is, it looks pretty damn good and it's very useful as well, if you ask me!Continue reading
PS-Phwoar! (for 5.05): A new Exploit Host Menu (with PS4 Home inspired theme) by LeefulWe re-tweeted this when it was released a week or so ago but wanted to get something up on the news page about this project, Developer leeful has recently released a new Exploit Host menu for serving up the essential payloads for exploited PS4 (5.05) Consoles's. This host menu theme is based on the PS4's main home screen bringing a seamless look. The host menu contains descriptions of various payloads it provides (which is about all) that will provide alot of features when executed such as Fan Controls, Linux Loader, Mod Menu's, firmware spoof, Update blocks ect.. You can see many of the payloads included in the sceenshots attached. Various methods to using this exploit host menu are available , see additional details in the installation tab below about using this new host menu:.
The host menu also adds the convenience of replacing the User Manual (first option in Settings>>User Manual/Helpful info) for easy and quick launching for when you power on your Console and have to activate HEN.Continue reading
Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Homebrew) - Multi-System Emulator adds support for new emulationThere has been a PS4 developer's known as Znullptr who has ported several emulators to the PS4 (jailbroken) already with systems like the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast & PS1 to name a few of the ps4 homebrew ports present on the GameOS side of the console (ps4). We know already that emulation via PS4 Linux is capable of running many more emulators like RetroArch (Linux) for example, but lets be honest ps4linux can be a bit of process to get up and running when you power on your console for some quick convient play. So when we see new things on the PS4's main menu that is exciting to see, when its in regards to emulation especially.
This time around the dev decided to port a popular multi-system emulator, no not RetroArch but Mednafen, originally the port was released some weeks ago by port developer Znullptr and presented to us by Markus95 and since @Markus95 has seen presented some improvements with regards to the cfg file that has fixed several broken platforms (Virtual Boy, WonderSwan & WonderSwan Color) due to the control scheme that was not compatible with the DualShock 4 layout, with a re-configured "mednafen.cfg" file those issue are eliminated. There has been 4 player support added also and a few new tweaks Markus95 plans on addressing via future tweaks of the cfg file.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: