PS3 PS3Xploit v3 HAN Cold Boot Installer [raf/ac3]

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by esc0rtd3w, Mar 25, 2018.

By esc0rtd3w on Mar 25, 2018 at 1:27 AM
  1. 1,201
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    Now Supports 4.85 HFW!
    Ps3 developer @esc0rtd3w (of Team Ps3Xploit) has a new release to show off as PS3Xploit (v3.0) HAN user's will now have the ability to change "Coldboot" (the startup/boot logo), with the new HAN Coldboot Installer (.raf (logo) & .ac3 (sound) supported) StarMelter (logo) & d1mtr7 (sound) provided the first coldboot for HAN as they pay tribute to the PS3Xploit HAN in great fashion with this injection of HAN .Another great thing we are seeing progress on also with HAN is XMB MODs, DeViL303 recently start this thread "XMB Mods now possible on OFW with HAN" there is some interesting details within that thread and worth checking out if you are intrested in XMB modding. From here i will let developer @esc0rtd3w give you all the details of this latest advancement
    -STLcardsWS

ps3xploit_coldboot.png

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Algol, T.A.U, falah1989 and 20 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by esc0rtd3w, Mar 25, 2018.

1. pinky
      pinky
      when you say black screen, does the xmb sound work? I've seen this happen with an xmb wave, and I'm not sure what caused it. I don't think it's the tools or the coldboot, but more a bug with the system software. I've only seen it happen once, and I've made countless coldboots, gameboots, and waves.
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    2. pinky
      pinky
      the sound cut off might be due to the sound not being the right length. the coldboot script measures seconds like 1.000 equaling one second. it's very specific too, so sound is tricky.

also, iirc, this is in 1080, so it might look off at 576p. white coldboots are either 700x350 for hd or 240x120 for sd iirc. this colored coldboot is full screen where the alpha channel is the only thing shown, so the coldboot is full screen (black) while the alpha (white) image is all that's shown. white coldboots follow this structure as well except those have a footer and a blur image in the resolutions I mentioned. :)
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    3. Checcolino80
      Checcolino80
      would it be possible to add the ingame screenshot function? it would be enough to replace an entry in the category_photo.xml file?
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    4. pinky
      pinky
      iirc, the ingame screenshot function requires a modification of the vsh.self.
      esc0rtd3w and STLcardsWS like this.
    5. junaid
      junaid
      Dude what are you on about?
      [​IMG]

It just didn't get published yet
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    6. skydragon88
      skydragon88
      Time to retain the classic early ps3 firmware coldboot jingle, any chance we can get back the gameboot of early ps3 2.70 ?
    7. junaid
      junaid
      Just Google it
    8. pinky
      pinky
    9. skydragon88
      skydragon88
    10. pinky
      pinky
      the gameboot is still present, but it's been disabled by sony for some reason. the ps3 even had a second coldboot. what you see on the screen is actually coldboot2. anyway, you need to mod the game_ext_plugin.sprx . I have a tutorial on doing that. however, you need to wait for the installer. it will probably have that mod included in it.
    11. skydragon88
      skydragon88
      I guess Sony disable because of the ps3 slim as they dont want it associate with old spiderman logo lol, also looking forward to next mod this current one is really nice to know i get to mod the system and make a bit unique.
      esc0rtd3w and pinky like this.
    12. pinky
      pinky
      possibly. I think coldboot2 was just a placeholder for it to take over as the new coldboot. the sound for it is even in the firmware. I'm not really sure why sony bothered making these changes. however, your theory sounds pretty good since it did coincide with the release of the slim. the earliest model slim - it's lowest firmware is 2.70 while I think it came with 2.76. that's the slim I own.
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    13. pinky
      pinky
      btw, I think the spiderman text is called phatboy slim. I have a photo (maybe a couple) in my tutorials where I'm using phatboy slim in the xmb since you can change fonts as well. lol
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    14. PattrickH
      PattrickH
      what about that old ps3 splash when you open some game? i miss that one
    15. PattrickH
      PattrickH
      that way of exiting games is slower

just keep pressed the PS button and exit game
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    16. esc0rtd3w
      esc0rtd3w
      we can patch VSH memory, same as HAN Enabler :D
      Labestiajake, pinky and skydragon88 like this.
    17. pinky
      pinky
      I take it that the coldboot was easier since it's only an encoded file rather than an encrypted one?
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    18. greyygod
      greyygod
      what are the size of the v1 image i really like how it looks and want to try some create some images too :oops:
    19. Bloodmoons366466
      Bloodmoons366466
      As long as its under 1920x1080 any image size will work.
    20. Master Z
      Master Z
      Perfect!
      esc0rtd3w likes this.