PS3 What can I do if my PS3 is on OFW 4.83

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by pink1, Sep 23, 2018.

1. 3
    TylerTheTK

TylerTheTK Forum Noob

I didn't actually... i checked as soon as this happened.. do you think there will be a jailbreak xploit for this firmware that doesn't involve a flasher? cuz I figured out I can't downgrade... and this is the only reason i got this ps3

2. 19
    ruroni

ruroni Member

Battousai!
    Don't want to "feed" the off topic, but just a quick thing, wanna ask @Cypher_CG89 why the patch for 4.21 fixes the black screen on BO2? I don't recall if i had black screen, but i did backup almost all the cod games back in the day to ISO format because of some issues when disabling the cfw syscalls (and other games, might been black screen issues, i don't recall it's been some years since i played COD games on PS3).

3. 77
    Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX

Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX Forum Noob

It says I need to update the game only on the HDD versions not a disc should I delete the HDD or will I losser mods

4. 77
    Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX

I am saying it automatically made copy ofgame disc as HDD and that is what is saying update for disc or I can’t lunch HDD black screen

5. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Did you manage to update the game using the link I posted or the XMB update method?

6. 19
    ruroni

ruroni Member

Battousai!
    @Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX Most black screen while on DEX (for plenty games) can be fixed by changing on DEBUG SETTINGS the BOOT MODE to RELEASE MODE (no need to patch to 4.21+).
    But i dunno if your black screen is after disabling the cfw (in this case, create a ISO backup, simple), if not, try using release mode on boot mode.

7. 77
    Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX

If I deleted the HDD will it delete my mods that’s all I wanna know.

8. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

Makes no difference with games like Call of Duty. My console is set to Release and they still black screen unless patched. Most people should have there PS3 set to Release mode if you don't know how to use Debugging Mode properly as it is not for playing games constantly on. Its purely for testing.

Yes if you have placed your mods in the 'games' directory folder (Install and update data). You should backup your mods into a seperate folder. There is no need to delete the disc in the GAME folder. To solve your Black screen problem you need to download the update data from the links I posted above, they are updates for the game that solves the problem after patching to 4.20.

Delete the update data for the game, reinstall any DLC and install data, then patch to 4.20, then install the update data from the link i posted previously, then patch the game again and make sure you select patch PSN Games and Patches. this is a tried and proven method to sort this problem. if it doesn't work then you done something wrong.

There is no need to create an ISO of the game if you want to mod. If you create an ISO you will not be able to mod the game. Non of my games are in ISO format and they are all in folder format (disc backup) and they run fine with no issues and no game black screen issues.

9. 19
    ruroni

ruroni Member

Battousai!
    Ok, i suppose...! But why the patch works? Asked you some post above without a answer :)

Bet the mods he's asking about if will be deleted, are for MP and that doesn't matter if the game is ISO or folder!

10. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

If the game is in ISO format you can't properly mod Black Op 2, or I should say use all mods available without a PC RTM tool and you said covert to ISO. The mods require you to replace certain files depending on the mod. For example if you want to use SPRX mods you must use the E-Boot that comes with the mod as they are not universally compatible although there are mainly in the install data folder, Some require the files in the disc to be replaced and you can't do that once the game is in ISO.

The patch for 4.20 is for games that require a firmware version of 4.20+ and is mainly used to fix the 80010009 error code but it also patches files in the games and updates to fix the black screen problem which is common in COD games, the worst of which is Modern warfare 3 which i had to remove the install files and updates and then install them and patch individually using the double patch method.

I also told him to backup his mods before doing this so they can be installed afterwards. And also i have said non of my games are ISO and I never get this problem and will help people as i know what I am doing. All people have to do is ask lol.

11. 77
    Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX

Where link

12. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

I have quoted my own post above to make it easier than scrolling through posts. You will also find SPRX mod menus for the Call of Duty series here as well. Latest update for Black Ops 2 is v1.19.

If you want 1 my BO2 GSC Mod Loader's which have 30 mod menus in each I will be happy to provide a link to download them. I also have many other BO2 SPRX Menu's for Multiplayer and zombies (100+) as some of the menus in the link above are old and outdated.

If you need help on the patching method or double patching method just ask and I will provide step be step instructions with screenshots if needed.

13. 77
    Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX

When I go on the game it says update 4.20 or over but I’m on 4.83 ?

14. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

What 4.83 CFW are you using? FERROX or Overflow?

15. 77
    Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX

But because I copied it to HDD I get a update message

16. 77
    Xx_Tawwqeerr_xX

I deleted the HDD colts but not copy to HDD again and work

17. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

Impossible that this is causing the issue. The game backup is not recognising the firmware version if your getting this message.

As you have seen from the pics i have posted, all my games are backed up on my PS3. So something else is causing the problem, possibly the firmware itself or because Multiman is 4.82 mot 4.83. I haven't updated my firmware to 4.83 as I use REBUG and there is no need to as I can still play online with 4.82.2 D-REX I personally find all the other firmware's are rubbish after i have ripped them apart file by file and went through the code and have lots of compatibility issues and bugs.

Personal I feel these first 4.83 firmware's were rushed out after the Official update and people panicked about loosing PSN access and rushed to update to a 4.83 CFW.

I have never lost PSN access with REBUG or had any issues with game backups or getting errors like you are. I stayed on 4.80 D-REX until 4.82.2 D-REX was released earlier this year. (2 years on a lower firmware and never lost PSN access without using a proxy) No issues with loading and playing backups.

Again I ask what 4.83 Firmware are you using?

18. 51
    labsdj

labsdj Member

The old backup Hd and tools on pc exploits metod is working in Ps3 4.83 Ofw?? injecting later the backup with games again on ps3 with ipds.bin and act.dat?

19. 2,846
    Cypher_CG89

This thread has been mislabelled. And is actually about, i think as the topic has changed so many times, CFW 4.83 not HAN.

As far as i know if you are on 4.83 OFW and use HAN many of the webkit xpliots are patched and not working on 4.83OFW. you need to stay on 4.83OFW to use HAN propery, I don't know as i don't use HAN.

Please refer to this tread for info:

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/official-ps3-firmware-system-updates-logs.57/

20. 51
    labsdj

labsdj Member

but already got on 4.82 the ipds.bin and act.dat with Han Exploit lol and now i backup these files is working or not?