PS3 4.70 OFW Hack (including SuperSlim PS3) - New method for injecting backups

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 6, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Nov 6, 2016 at 3:51 PM
  1. 8,977
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

So ,here is some news for PlayStation 3 OFW owners, as Russian hackers have released a new method of injecting backups on PS3 4.70 Official Firmware, similar to the hack and information from Kakaroto that lead to injections of various PS3 and PSP backups and tools such as trueAncestor backup Injector (which is used in this method). This new method seems to require a update for the game or it will not work according to limited reports. Also the hack does not require a IDPS which becomes even more useful for OFW user's as there is currently not many ways to obtain an IDPS via software. IDPStealer was one method used by PS3 user's during the first backup injection hack, but Sony patched the tool created by flatz and now this new method has a conversion that is said to not need any hardware or idps. The process can be found in this included Tutorial.

PS3 SuperSlim.jpg

• Requirements for Converting your Games on PS3 4.70 OFW (Downloads @ bottom of article):
      • The Game (Disc Version) and the Patches..
      • Converter: GAME_CONVERT.zip
      • Injector: TrueAncestor - The BACKUP Injector
      • Hex Editor: HxD - The Hex Editor is Freeware
      • make_npdata: (Complied version inside GAME_CONVERT)
      • PkgView: (Latest version 1.3 is needed)

• PART: #1 - Convert PS3 Game / Modify License
      1. Open archive GAME_CONVERT.zip any archive and extract packed inside GAME_CONVERT folder at any convenient place, preferably close to the root of the drive (NOT the folder path should be long and contain Cyrillic characters and other signs such as @ & () "/ [\ ]:;! | =,)
      2. If you have downloaded the game in an ISO you need to unpack it or mount a virtual drive. Of all the files we need only PS3_GAME folder, copy it to GAME_CONVERT. This also unpack the archive GAME_CONVERT.zip, containing script-BAT and utility make_npdata.
        As a result, you should get this: GAME_CONVERT.png
      3. We go in and check out there PS3_GAME presence LICDIR folder. If not, then read the following second part.
      4. Run CONVERT.BAT, continue to enter the name of our future in the game folder NPEBXXXXX format (where XXXXX any five-digit number), click the interval, waiting ... After the completion of the script, next to the other files will be almost finished with the game folder.
      5. It's time to unpack the patch (s). If the patch is not one, then you need to unpack them all and merge into a single folder, from smallest to largest, while agreeing with the replacement.
      6. Copy EBOOT.BIN file from the patch to the folder USRDIR our converted games. Editing, if needed, PARAM.SFO. (Change the version of the game, and the firmware on the exact same as in PARAM.SFO patch)
      7. Finished the game folder and the folder with the patch throws in "TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector \ game" and create a backup for instructions, please read third part below. Something like this should look ready patch folder and games. igra.jpg

• PART #2 : (Create/Modify License)
      Only needed, if one was NOT included in your 'backup'!

Creating PS3_GAME \ LICDIR \ LIC.DAT
      1. In PS3_GAME create LICDIR folder.
      2. Open in LIC.DAT hex-editor on any game, scroll down to 0x800 position until we find the game code (scroll carefully, that would not miss). LIC.DAT.png
      3. Once found, we replace it with the code of our game, taken from PARAM.SFO. LIC.DAT_NEW.png
      4. Vanishes 4 bytes old checksum in the 0x20 position (which indicates the 4th arrow), then select from the beginning exactly 0h900 bytes (number of allocated code is displayed in the bottom of the hex-editor - "Length: 900"), calculate a new CRC-32 as shown by the arrows and write a new check sum in the position 0x20:
        LIC.DAT CRC-32.png
      5. Save and copy ready LIC.DAT in PS3_GAME \ LICDIR.

P.S. --> You can generate LIC.DAT code of PARAM.SFO games via the PS3 LIC.DAT Generator.​

• PART #3: Repack ISO to PKG and Inject Backup to PS3

PS3 OFW RePack (ISO2PKG)
      1. Insert the flash drive in the PS3 or an external HDD, formatted in FAT32.
      2. Go to "System Settings> Backup Utility" and create a backup copy.
      3. To unpack (* .pkg) use PkgView v1.3 PS3 PKGView v1.3.png
      4. To add a game to use the backup TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector v1.70
      5. Drag a folder with numbers "PS3 \ EXPORT \ BACKUP \ 000000000000" in "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ backup" folder
      6. Folders with the unpacked game move to folder "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ game"
        • [NPXX00000] - The game itself
        • [BLXX00000] - Patch
        • DLC (if present)
      7. Run injector.exe and Recompiling BACKUP with the game (carry out points "1", "3", "S") TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector2.png
      8. Restoring a backup to the PS3

• Thanks to @jjkkyu for explaination.

Downloads: Required Tools (AIO) Pack

Source(s): pspx.ru (Russian Site) / maxconsole.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Bereuza
      Bereuza
      That's bull, I just transferred 14 games to a SuperSlim on 4.81 OFW for a client and absolutely nothing gets deleted from the source console. The target console get's formatted and becomes a mirror of the source console, that's why you've got to delete the source PS3's main account otherwise even your PSN login details will be copied. Aflter that just enter a game on the target console to create a new save, copy that new save to a fat32 thumbstick, use it as a template in aldos BruteForce Savedata to resign the previously backedup saves and voilá everythings is peachy.

As for the the injection with idps I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but it definitely should work since the backup is proprerly signed for that specific console, these reports you mentioned that the idps will not help sounds like someone's not doing the process properly.
      Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    2. bigjokker
      bigjokker
      I've been using ps3xport since the day it was released by Kakaroto back on Christmas 2014. As far as I know I was the first person to use it to unlock c00 demo games with it and I posted "how to's" of it on several sites.

As my ps3 is below OFW 4.70 I was able to borrow a friends ps3 on OFW 4.80 and he had his idps. Every time I installed a resigned edat on the protected archive it would be deleted on restore.When I installed sony authentic edats on the same archive they would not be deleted.

But please do try it out as I have not seen anyone testing it out.
    3. Mazen
      Mazen
      Warning: Do not reply to this post.
      PIRACY will not be tolerated in this forum!

Ok in the data transfer utility when i make the data transfer between the ofw console which is filled by games to the to other ofw which is not filled with games you said that it will works on the second ofw the question here when the games will be transferred to the other ofw does the first one the data on it will be moved(deleted) and if the answer yes will be deleted what is the solution to transfer to other ofw without data loss as iam making the data transfer between cfw console which is in a game center and not mine and all my friends their ps3's are ofw type so i hope to make to them the data transfer to enjoy but not without make data loss on my ps3
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
    4. bguerville
      bguerville
      Come on. You intend to acquire the games illegally & then redistribute them... This is pure piracy...
      You are in breach of this forum's rules & guidelines.
      http://www.psx-place.com/threads/site-rules-guidelines.79/
      Rule #2 to be precise...
      Please stop this conversation right now...
    5. Mazen
      Mazen
      Why are you talking with me in this way iam asking question related to the thread and the reason for asking the questions is to make all the operation related on knowledge not randomly
    6. bguerville
      bguerville
      You are openly talking about piracy when the rules state "no piracy discussion".
      I am not talking to you in any particular way, I am simply telling you to stop. That is all.

This thread will not turn into a piracy related conversation. We are allowing this thread about the tools & the methods for the hack because it does have legitimate uses and only on those grounds. If ever the conversation turns back to piracy we will eventually have to consider closing the thread...
      Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
      No0bZiLLa likes this.
    7. Mazen
      Mazen
      No iam by the way in law colleage and like the rules and iam not talking about piracy iam asking question related to the thread if you want to answer me answer if you dont want to answer me dont answer me and plese be respctful more with me
    8. bguerville
      bguerville
      What you describe here is piracy..

Now it doesn't matter whether it's related to the 4.70 hack or not. The hack has legitimate uses, that is why this thread exists, the use you described is not one of them...
    9. Mazen
      Mazen
      My question is clear if i make the data transfer does the donor console which have the games on it will be deleted and if yes what is the solution to make the data transfer without making the games on the donor console deleted? (What is in this question related to piracy)
    10. Mazen
      Mazen
      Okay i know what is pracy rule in this thread can you now answer my question
    11. bguerville
      bguerville
      It doesn't matter what your question is & whether or not the question is on topic, just don't engage in piracy related discussion.

You are the one avoiding the problem. Don't make the problem about me, I am not in breach of the forum rules, you are.

Given your post, providing you with an answer now means enabling you to do what you described, this forum will have nothing to do with it.

I have been perfectly clear about the whole situation. There is nothing to add.
    12. Mazen
      Mazen
      No dont worry just answer my question please please!!!!
      samuellerexz likes this.
    13. lord3490
      lord3490
      I haven't tried this method, but it seems to me your question has been answered before you asked.
      Anyway, it sounds like piracy too me as well :confused:
      Mazen, No0bZiLLa and bguerville like this.
    14. bguerville
      bguerville
      I am in agreement on both counts.
      The answer was provided anyway, he just didn't pay attention...
      As to the other quote I missed it really & it's not exactly clear whether piracy was involved for sure.. [emoji6]
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
      Mazen likes this.
    15. Mazen
      Mazen
      Thanks i will do it later
    16. o1nk
      o1nk
      Lose the piracy talk and add some punctuation (God, that was a hard read).
    17. o1nk
      o1nk
      One major thing that seems to be missing .....

Anyone got a full compatible list with 4.70?
      Games that have an update available, really.
      Nothing worse than getting the Sony Code, then looking on update finder and realising that it doesn't have an update !!!
      I have a 1TB drive in there now, letting me save the BluRay from dying.
    18. crashpsycho
      crashpsycho
      Okay I know this gonna be a stupid question. I know the OP says 4.70 but will this method work on 4.81 ofw ?
      If not if I'm able to get idps with my hardware flasher would it be better to use the old method instead or this one ?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    19. bguerville
      bguerville
      This hack does not require the idps.
      It works with 4.81 but you cannot inject directly, you must use the data transfer method instead. It requires having another console on CFW. A little impractical if you ask me.
      There are 2 other ways though, including the idps + ps3export way.... Given the fact that you can get your idps I think I would explore this rather than the data transfer utility method..
      Have you actually read the "Note for 4.75+ OFW" tab in the OP?
      Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    20. eryokta
      eryokta

It's work for me, i'm on PS3 super slim ofw 4.80, using dtu methode, so u need cfw console with cfw 4.80

My game
      Grand turismo 6
      Gta v
      Pes 2017
      Fifa 2017
      Battlefield hardline
      The last of us

Before convert it, make sure there is game update from ps3 game update in ps3 tools, if there is no update, u cannot play in ofw console

I cant play nba 2017 and 2016 even there are the update, anyone can tell me why?