PS3 CFW SPY 4.85 Cobra 8.01 R1

A Cobra CFW for 4.85 by DarkSpy

1. 1
    Muhadin

Muhadin Forum Noob

Teacher
    Hi there, thanks for all your activity on this forum.

I have recently installed Spy cobra 4.85 and its running smoothly. Trouble is that the HDD i'm on is too small being only 80GB. Therefore I would like to swap it with a spare 500 gb hdd. I remember that when on Repub there was an option to just copy the entire internal hdd to an external hdd, and then just swap the disks. Is there such a function on spy cobra (I can't find it). Or is there another way to swap the disk without having to install everything all over again? Thanks for the help!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. 12
    Kleon1876

Kleon1876 Forum Noob

I have 2 fat ps3s. One is cecha and ceche. Both backwards compatible as you know. I had 4.84 cfw with webman and was able to run ps2 games. Now I updated to spy cobra and ps3 runs fine, ps1 runs fine (physical and from hdd) but ps2 like u said is black screen and froZen both physical and hdd. I remember on the 4.84 I went to rebug tools and enabled toggle cobra. I tried going to rebug tools on 4.85 and it said it’s not compatible. So today 4.85 rebug tools lite released. Do you think this help launch ps2 games on my models? I’m new to this scene so please excuse my noob ways. Read your post on hardware Vs emulation but I’m really hoping I can get the ps2 going on the spy 4.85. Sucks as of right now. Let me know please.

Is rebut cfw different from spy cobra?

You ever figure out how to run ps2 on spy?

3. 12
    Kleon1876

Kleon1876 Forum Noob

Couldn’t get it to work on spy. Updated to rebug and ps2 worked great.

4. 1
    YayoB

YayoB Forum Noob

I've used this daily till the rebug lite came out. Installed rebug and I within a couple of hours I had already swapped back to Spy cfw. I've yet to find any issues and I've been using it since the first week it was released

5. 1
    Jaydizzle

Jaydizzle Forum Noob

The spy 4.85 cfw is not bad at all. But I'm on slim and I went from 4.85 Hfw to 4.85 cfw. Is it possible to downgrade to rebug cex

6. 1,645
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    You can downgrade to lower version :) just :
    • install Habib's Toggle QA Flag
    • click on the icon after installation
    • when you launch the app you will have blackscreen but if you take a look at HDD Led indicator you will see it blink then PS3 go back to XMB normally
    • go to settings category then scroll down to network settings do the button combo to activate QA Flag : [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG]
    • after that click on debug settings
    • scroll down till you see system update debug then
    • return back to system update then update via flash drive or from your hdd back to any version
    FYI if your console have minimum version 3.56 and you install 3.55 your console will be broken!!!

jolek, Jaydizzle and DeViL303 like this.
  7. 7,267
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

All good advice, except you DON'T need to do the button combo or use debug update to downgrade. The button combo is only needed to show debug settings, and system update debug only needed to update from HDD.
    • Install and then run Habib's Toggle QA Flag - PS3 will blackscreen for about 20 seconds then reboot
    • Go to system update then downgrade via storage media

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Th3-J0k3r and Algol like this.
  8. 1,645
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    I mention that cause last time i did toggle qa flag was summer last year that time i remember having error in first phase (copying update data) until i do the combo and make system debug update ON that solve my problem :)

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 4
    Ted Hawn

Ted Hawn Forum Noob

I sure wish I would've stayed on Spy.

I installed rebug lite to check it out because so many people were singing its prises.

Well.. now I am banned and going to buy a second-hand ps3 from a store, I'm then exchanging CID and PSID between them, returning the newer one.. and exchanging it for one that I can test in store (heh) (both machines will be running Spy.

It seemed screwy to me that i would get banned so quick. (honestly i thought RBG had something integrated that would protect from such bans. I was only online with the ps3 (modded) 2 times.. both times were youtube visits.

Careful out there guys,,, sawnee is still prepped for war.

10. 1,645
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    no CFW have protection against bans and using PSNPatch or any other Hombrew that disable syscalls is not 100% wall against bans but it deacrese ban risk ,doing cheating,mods,mod menu online against other players they report you to $ONY and you get banned sooner or later

so its not about SPY or REBUG or FERROX or any other CFW that ever exist its only about usage and game popularity in use games like call of duty battlefield GTA V and other games are the top ones that PS3 users play online and they can easily get banned by $ONY

Ted Hawn likes this.
  11. 4
    Ted Hawn

Ted Hawn Forum Noob

Thanks, that actually answered my question really well.
    After writing my first post, my kid mentioned to me that he tried to play rdr online (some zombie thing) he never actually got to play, but it would appear sony noticed his presence.

I might just buy a few ps3's today and see just how much i can learn while trying to avoid this situation again. I'm really amazed at what a great console they built in the "3"
    When I had my first ps2 i thought nothing would beat it... now i need another 3 and want a 4 :)

Thank you so much for your time.. I will be sure to hide all my ethernet cables when i'm not home XD

12. 1,645
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    You can get new ConsoleID (IDPS) change the banned one you have with webMan then disable CFW syscalls and connect to PSN if you have only console ban not account if so you an create a new dummy account for playing online while CFW syscalls are disabled this will deacrease ban risk and it also depends on your online activeties/usages

Ted Hawn likes this.
  13. 4
    Ted Hawn

Ted Hawn Forum Noob

I don't know if this is going to make me sound like a complete idiot .. but I'm starting to feel like one :)

As of now, The console which was "deactivated" (i think thats what the email/warning said) is now online, entertaining my wife on amazon prime. One of my emails appears to be now under some sort of suspension for bad behavior. I think maybe i tried to dl something i didn't have the right permissions for.

Thank you again for the help.. you got me thinking about the whole situation.. and it seems i didn't even lose an iso.

Have a great day XD

14. 1,645
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    Glad to help you :)