Game You're Playing Right Now [Console/PC/Smartphone/Everything]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kozarovv, Sep 14, 2016.

1. 12,155
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the 360 uses efuses as well to prevent downgrading. the hack is based on the hypervisor from 4xxx firmware that allowed unsigned code to run. all jtag/rgh consoles use it.

Filipe Santos and sb00 like this.
  2. 12,155
    pinky

@sb00 , I've done some reading on switch exploiting. I have three or four apps set up with the right keys, and I've verified everything, but I doubt I'll ever hack my system. I don't know if it's user error or what, but I can't begin to tell you how many switch hacking threads pop up on gbatemp daily. there's always something wrong or not working. that coupled with possibly getting banned if you don't use emunand. I figured that if I were to exploit mine, which is exploitable based on the serial number, I wouldn't play any of the games.

sb00 likes this.
  3. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

Yeah, that SUCKS! It's possible that I might still buy one though.
    I said I wouldn't buy a PS4 because of the same reason and I have one sitting in front of me lol.

I guess it all depends on the games. I haven't really looked into all the games available for the switch but I'm sure there are some I'd really enjoy. If I find something I really like that's only available for the switch, I'll probably end up buying one. I'm a shopping whore as well and will spend money left and right on stuff I don't need. It's a curse... :D So there's probably a good chance I'll pick one up.

I know for sure I won't be buying one second hand if I get one. I've been watching this guy on youtube who buys consoles in bulk to see if he can repair them. Some of those switches... I'm not even sure how they ended up the way they were. So yeah, no second hand for me

I just joined GBAtemp. I've learned a lot in the past few days and I love how you can hack the ever loving shit out of this 3DS! :D

Filipe Santos and pinky like this.
  4. 12,155
    pinky

I love the switch, but I still don't play new games that often. I did beat dragon quest 1 on it a few days ago. I grinded up to lv 5 in dragon quest 2. it looks like you can still only save at the first castle, which is stupid. and, I made it to the fourth dungeon in link's awakening earlier today. it's a little difficult to know where to go, but the map doesn't appear to be very big. I got stuck multiple times in final fantasy vii on the switch, but I found my way to the final dungeon. I haven't beaten it yet. I also am at the final boss in final fantasy ix. his status ailment attacks destroyed me last time. I think I need to equip something to protect against that.

never know about the switch. I'm afraid of buying a banned one if I ever got one used. I've heard that they can even ban specific cartridges this time around too. I think sony was looking into doing something like having game discs use serial numbers or something. could be something you'll see on the ps5. that's a good way to make the used game market a mine field.

5. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

Oh man, I never play dragons quest and the last FF I played was on PSP but I don't think I made it very far.
    I'm usually not a fan of those types of games but Corpse Party is kind of opening me up to it. they just take forever and I get irritated to fast haha

Yeah, if they implement something like that the used game market would be so screwed. Which would really suck. But it looks like most people use digital content now days anyway. I know most of my PS4 games were purchased through the store and I only own BO4 because it came with the console when I purchased it.

pinky likes this.
  6. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard/Musician
    Home Page:
    Think most of my friends played it on pc and loved it.
    Although I never got the chance to play it or actually get into it.
    And if that's the case , how in the hell did the game get that game of the year edition award?

pinky and sb00 like this.
  7. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

It was so much fun for me when I played it. I fell in love with the world and trying to scavenge as much as I could. I wasted far too much time just wandering around. Even with the glitches I still loved it. and I'm so glad I never purchased Fallout 76...

pinky and Filipe Santos like this.
  8. 12,155
    pinky

I'm digital only with the wii u and the switch. I still own about 20 retail games for the switch, which I rebought digitally. right now, I have 80 games with only 5.9GBs of space left on a 512GB card. after yooka laylee's sequel and luigi's mansion 3 come out, I'm going to back up the micro sd card again. I have a pretty old backup on my external hdds at the moment.

9. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

Daaang! I'll remember to get a big card if I buy a switch. I was just buttering the wife up about buying a switch lite. But really if I bought one I'd have to get a switch because the wife loves Nintendo games and I'm not trying to buy a lite and never see it again. :D

10. 12,155
    pinky

the problem with those micro sd cards is that 512GBs = $86; 1TB = $388 wtf!? I'm going to have to use these two 128GB micro sd cards 'til that price comes down. one stupid thing that nintendo did is make it to where you can't transfer games between the internal flash and the micro sd card. you have to redownload the games from the eshop if you use a new one. I have my favorite games downloaded to the 128GB card.

11. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

WTF? Did they take a page out of the vita handbook? Lord have mercy... That's just crazy!

12. 12,155
    pinky

you know they were going to make a 128GB memory card for the vita. can you imagine the cost? the 64GB ones were Japan only too, and those were around $100. the four 10TB hdds I have, the last one I bought was around $190. the first one was like $270, and that's maybe a year to two years worth of price dropping. it still doesn't touch that $388 micro sd though. they were over $400 not too long ago.

sb00 likes this.
  13. 12,155
    pinky

btw, did you know that the prototype for the vita used an sd card? had they gone with that, the system might not have been a colossal failure.

sb00 likes this.
  14. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

I could only imagine. I have an 8gig in my vita. I bought sd2vita adapter and I used it for a bit but I had an issue and had to remove it. Never got around to installing sd2vita again.

That's just crazy, man. Although I remember when microsd first popped up and the prices were pretty damn ridiculous as well. but, I mean come the hell on Nintendo... And I'm assuming you can only use those cards with the switch and not some other brand, right?

Filipe Santos and pinky like this.
  15. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

I didn't know that. that would have been WAY better. but, money talks. Well, it talked at the time and I bet they are kicking themselves in the ass now... Jackasses

pinky likes this.
  16. 12,155
    pinky

you can buy ordinary micro sd cards, but they do make a switch branded version of cards that are expensive just because they have the switch name.

sb00 likes this.
  17. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard/Musician
    Home Page:
    any excuse to make more money ...

pinky and sb00 like this.
  18. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

That makes sense. At least the vita used something totally different. I'm glad you can use other cards. Whew... I was about to say screw that. No way I'm getting one now

19. 12,155
    pinky

of my 80 games, the largest one is final fantasy x at about 27GBs. most fall between 5-10GBs. I think it's mostly due to compression. I think they use minimal on the ps3/4 to take less strain. I read that smash bros was around 60GBs, but through nintendo's compression, they got it down to 12-15GBs.

20. 95
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

Smash brother was 60GB? What in tarnation! I'd think something of that file size would belong to a game like FF or something, definitely not SB. Even at 15 that seems cray to me. But then again I don't know anything about it, so... . I guess thank you flying spaghetti monster for Nintendo's compression!