PS3 [IDEA] Using the Photo grid layout to mount games

Discussion in 'Homebrew Development' started by DeViL303, Apr 24, 2019.

1. 6,088
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

The original line in registory.xml
    Code:
    <Pair key="album"><String>xcb://localhost/query?sort=+PhotoList:Common.titleForSort&cond=Ae+PhotoList:PhotoList.type %xCB_LIST_TYPE_PHOTO_TAGS</String></Pair>

Here is added the condition to display only the images with "tags"=PS3
    Code:
    <Pair key="album"><String>xcb://localhost/query?sort=+PhotoList:Common.titleForSort&cond=Ae+PhotoList:PhotoList.type %xCB_LIST_TYPE_PHOTO_TAGS+Ae+Photo:Common.tags PS3</String></Pair>

jacobsson and DeViL303 like this.
  2. 7,243
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

It's not working like that. Maybe the space before PS3 should be something else? Or it needs to be added before xCB_LIST_TYPE_PHOTO_TAGS somehow.. not sure.

n00b likes this.
  3. 6,088
    sandungas

Look at it this way better, in this example im "splitting" the line to allow you to see every small part of it, this is the original line
    Code:
    <Pair key="album"><String>
    	xcb://localhost/query?
    		sort=+PhotoList:Common.titleForSort
    		&cond=
    			Ae+PhotoList:PhotoList.type %xCB_LIST_TYPE_PHOTO_TAGS
    </String></Pair>
    In my last suggestion im adding one more condition, and every new condition needs to be added with a "+" symbol, then it comes the operator and another "+", then a literal mention to the database access path, and the value for it
    Code:
    		&cond=
    			+Ae+Photo:Common.tags PS3
    </String></Pair>
    You can add as many conditions you want, as example, if you want to add the width and height i was mentioning the other day (it was not a good idea though, the "tags" is much better) you could do this:
    Code:
    		&cond=
    			+Ae+Photo:Common.tags PS3
    			+Ae+Photo:Photo.width 320
    			+Ae+Photo:Photo.height 180
    </String></Pair>
    To exclude stuff is the same but using the operator "An" (and not) instead of the "Ae" (and equal)
    Im just suggesting to use the "Ae" because i think is enought, but you could concatenate several conditions in the same line as example to say "and equal to PS3"+"and not equal to PS2"+"and not equal to PSX"+etc...

Algol and DeViL303 like this.
  4. 3,244
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

The PhotoGUI on USB needs more investigation. I tried to implement it, but the sequence of access to files is different and sometimes the picture on USB is not accessed due some cache. So for now, it will work only for pictures stored in HDD. Anyway the photo grid is only avaliable on HDD as you know ;)

The auto play is working for me... Anyway try with this build of version 1.47.18
    https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases

Yes, I have noticed the crash using reload XMB... not really sure if it's due the automation of explore_plugin.

For debug use the boot_mamba.pkg attached, it includes release & debug versions for CEX & DEX.

Regarding the requested auto-creation of /dev_usb000/PICTURE, it should be created manually.
    That process of copy the images to USB slow down the refresh XML.
    I don't want webMAN copying the images to USB if the user don't really want to do it.

BTW I'm already working on 1.47.19. It includes a new "Addons" link at the bottom of /setup.ps3
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/6rg7p4

The idea is to simplify the download of webman + all the addons (currently 10 packages) to a single file.
    Also the rebugification + metalification theme packages will not be needed either... since the user can install the theme of preference from the new addons interface :)

The adds the commands /install.ps3$ and /install.ps3<pkg-directory>

It allows to choose the pkg to install from any directory.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Lambada, Algol and DeViL303 like this.
  5. 7,243
    DeViL303

Ok, I see. Yeah, The view is the best thing, just as a bonus the convenience of USB is nice too , but not a big deal.
    Will do.
    No, I have only been using it manually and getting hard crashes. It seems to happen especially if I have just done a FTP transfer in previous few seconds, so that is something to check out if you can. Which is a shame as that is when I need it most, after swapping files on dev_blind. :)

Nice one.
    I understand that, i was thinking more feature could be defaulted to not enabled, then if enabled create the PICTURES folder automatically, but if the feature is going to be standard then that's cool too. Anyway lots will already have that folder for one reason or another.
    Interesting, will check that out.

See my example of alternate mygames.xml , its kind of cool too as its looks just like now, but with 5 row view. Hopefully we can get the exclusion working so a few albums are ignored by photo category and only shown in game. Then we are sorted :)

n00b and Algol like this.
  6. 3,244
    aldostools

The crash with FTP happens if you have enabled the option [MC] in /setup.ps3
    It uses memory container of applications on XMB for extended memory. It can crash if an app is started while it's in use by wMM.

FTP uses VSH memory for single uploads and IN-GAME. If you're on XMB and multiple files are uploaded, it uses the extended memory and keep the memory reserved until the FTP session closed or after 1 minute of inactivity.

A simple workaround is to disable the [MC] in /setup.ps3 ;) or configure the client to close the FTP session after upload.

DeViL303 likes this.
  7. 100
    Lambada

Lambada Member

Is there a way to fix the images proportions on Webman Mod?
    When I create a Title image on ManaGunz (or Photoshop), it crops the cover and creates a retangular image called TheNameOfTheIso.PNG. When browsing the original WebmanMOD game list from XMB instead of using the original proportions of the image created from ManaGunz, it forces to a Squared proportion and then making the image "ugly", distorted.
    If you could add this issue to your backlog (I just thought it was a good opportunity because it is related to this thread subject, game thumbnails and webman) I would be glad as it would be compatible with ManaGunz generated title images :D

Keep the good work guys!

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

8. 7,243
    DeViL303

This mod will sort that when its complete. The XMB normally displays all icons as square, nothing we can about that. You can fix it easily enough by making custom covers on a square transparent background or a custom square surround.

n00b and Lambada like this.
  9. 100
    Lambada

Lambada Member

Hmm nice.
    I thought about it, but then I "think" the image wouldn't display correctly when back on ManaGunz as it creates these kind of images as retangular and not squared.

Edit: I am not talking about SLUSXXXX.PNG which is based on the game executable and it's the official cover, I am talking about the image that represents the title NAMEOFTHEISO.PNG which has similar purpose of PICT1.PNG found on PS3 Blu-ray games / PSN games.

If in this kind of view that you guys are working, if it was possible to search/filter games as you type or just filter by letter, or custom folders to categorize would be cool. When I read here TAGS were you talking about this kind of feature?

@aldostools how PhotoGUI works in the latest webman MOD .19?
    It says "enable USB0/PICTURES..." So does it only work if I put covers in a usb stick? Or can I put it somewhere in hdd0?
    I read the release info at your GitHub but there wasn't any instructions yet, regarding this feature.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

10. 6,088
    sandungas

Take a read at my posts in this thread @Lambada https://www.psx-place.com/threads/webman-mod-and-multiman-artwork.16470/#post-103480
    You can use that layout image i posted to get the correct sizes and to create the transparent areas for game covers

One of the images you are mentioning is the ICON0.PNG this one is the "official" used by the XMB under "game" column
    Also the PSP games have an ICON0.PNG with the same aspect ratio (width/height = aspect ratio)
    In managunz you can create custom images (replacements of ICON0.PNG) by cropping a section of the game cover... this feature is mostly intended for PS1 and PS2 games because the ISO doesnt contains any icon
    The official formats "PS1 classics" and "PS2 classics" contains an icon but the original games did not

-----------
    Webman is "repurposing" an special display mode in XMB that uses squared icons, the settings for it are defined by .rco files (and the sizes and positions are defined inside XMB layout .txt files) but i dont know which rco is it, and i dont know how many display modes of the official XMB are using it

Technically... is posible to change the size of webman icons but...
    -first we need to find which rco is the responsible of displaying them
    -we dont know how many more displays modes are using it so we dont know what other stuff will be affected
    -is not posible to choose a single set of size values for the icons because are intended to be used by 2 images with diferent aspect ratio (ICON0.PNG or game covers)

Lambada likes this.
  11. 7,243
    DeViL303

Adding custom covers will not effect the icon0 files.

Yes, you can just make any folders you want, that is the great thing.

Create a PICTURE Folder on usb000, then wMM will copy the images to the folder. Then go to the photo category and import the sub folder it created to the hdd. Those can then be used to mount games.

You need the cover pack too I guess.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    n00b and Lambada like this.
  12. 3,244
    aldostools

For the issue with aspect ratio of covers, I suggest to use multiMAN covers pack or the Online covers (hosted by DeViL303).
    The problem is that the XML item uses a square image. If you use rectangle images they will look horribly bad.
    However, the multiMAN covers are closer to a square and look better (although it's not the correct aspect ratio).

Or generate the proper icons using PSCoverBOX by 0_obeWAN
    https://www.psx-place.com/threads/pscoverbox-1-0-coverbox-generator-for-webman.3186/

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kvtti1z6vj3mo24/PScoverBOX1.1.1.zip/file

PhotoGUI in .19 only works if the PhotoGUI option is check marked in /setup.ps3
    Also it requires to use the new Mamba included in boot_mamba.pkg (available in the Addons link at the bottom of /setup.ps3)

How to setup of Photo GUI:
    1- Enable PS3HEN 2.0 or on CFW install Mamba from boot_mamba.pkg, disable Cobra and reboot.
    2- Go to http://127.0.0.1/setup.ps3 and put a check mark on Photo GUI option. It should be checked by default.
    3- Also check Auto-Play option and press SAVE button.
    4- Create the folder PICTURE (all uppercase) in /dev_usb000 (aka /dev_usb000/PICTURE)
    5- Refresh XML using SELECT+L3
    • The covers of the games detected will be copied automatically to sub-folders in /dev_usb000/PICTURE
    • If the image already exists in /dev_usb000/PICTURE, the image is not copied (saving few seconds in the scanning)
    6- Go to Photo column, browse to the USB device, copy all the images from the folders PS3ISO, PS2ISO, etc. to HDD.
    7- Go to the new folders created on HDD and rename them to PS3ISO, PS2ISO, etc. (the album name doesn't matter)

How to use Photo GUI:
    Once the images are installed on the hdd0, you just need to go to Photo column and hold START for few seconds on the image of game that you want to mount. The page will close automatically, mount the game and launch it.

Note: It only works for the images stored in hdd0. The images on USB need to be copied to HDD0 before you can use them.

How to stop using Photo GUI:
    go to http://127.0.0.1/setup.ps3 uncheck the option Photo GUI and SAVE.
    It will not create the images on /dev_usb000/PICTURE and if you press START on the photos it will not launch the games.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Algol, n00b, citra mulia and 2 others like this.
  13. 242
    jacobsson

jacobsson Member

This mounts ISOs to the xmb? How dare you obsolete my webMAN classics maker?

No but seriously, this really warms my heart, amazing job guys!

sandungas, DeViL303 and aldostools like this.
  14. 3
    SONRRY TKS

SONRRY TKS Forum Noob

can this be implemented using xml? ... if that is how it is for a task :3

15. 1,026
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Senior Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
  16. 151
    Coro

Coro Member

it part of webman now. its called photo gui

DeViL303 and Algol like this.
  17. 1,026
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Senior Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Oh nice , i will check this out

18. 7,243
    DeViL303

I was trying to make it so PhotoGUI images would appear in game, and normal photos would appear in photo, but I could not figure out the correct XML syntax to exclude albums. It might not be possible.

No spare time recently for PS stuff.

19. 346
    ayassinsayed

ayassinsayed Member

I do all steps to use Photo GUI :-
    but when i hold start it show notification the file name but after that also other notifiction
    !Not in XMB
    What is Not in XMB ! meanning and why the game not working ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  20. 242
    jacobsson

jacobsson Member

I just wanted to say this project is still one of my favorites right now!
    Has this been put on ice or is there any progress behind the scene?