Pinky's Wii-U Tutorials

Discussion in 'Wii-U' started by pinky, Oct 27, 2016.

1. 10,231
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

B's games? what do you mean?

2. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

BS games... :P

Never mind, I think I solved it. :)

pinky likes this.
  3. 10,231
    pinky

I actually bought 76 wii u games with only 1 being retail. however, I have cbhc installed just for my only two wii injects: dkc returns and nsmb. dkc returns, tropical freeze, and new super mario bros u (sometimes yoshi's wooly world) are my go to games whenever I want to relax. I'm really looking forward to the nsmb u switch port in I think January as well as the wooly world sequel. I've already bought dkc tropical freeze, captain toad, mk 8, and hyrule warriors ports. I haven't really played the last two -- been real busy with other games -- but I've beaten the first two (again!).

I'm currently playing mega man legacy collection on the switch. I own the game for the ps4, but I love that series so much that I also bought it on the switch. I got it for like $23 (mega man legacy collection 1+2 with the cloth inside) for about half the usual price thanks to my gcu card and a sale. :D

Spawn likes this.
  4. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Nice. :)

The switch is way too expensive here ATM, so I can't get one yet. Usually consoles go for ~400$ here until near end of their cycle, so... Got my Wii U 32Gb in near mint condition for just about 200$ and like 12-15 games on disc. Not that bad of a deal.

Just sold my PS4 the other day. Got it for 20$ and resoldered the CPU/GPU + swapped fan and thermal paste. Sold it for 250$.

Lost my PSP too.. Got 80$ out of the deal..

Most of the $ I gather goes to pay my medical bills, but I still put some into my gaming/collecting.. ;)

pinky likes this.
  5. 10,231
    pinky

I hear ya, my friend. I'm on disability (have been since July), so I don't have any money. fortunately, I get something to pay my parents back. I get three huge payments on top of the monthly ones every six months, so I can pay back my parents even more once December rolls around. the having literally no money was what was bothering me before that. :(

I just discovered yesterday that my pc can't run dq xi even on lowest settings. I will never buy a pos dell again. I've been burned too many times by them. I need to upgrade my cpu and definitely my gpu, 'cause the fps is low as hell. we're talking like 15 fps. ...so I guess that's $60 wasted. I'll probably just get the game on the switch, whenever that is, instead of doing upgrades, considering I just extended the warranty on this garbage..

the switch is probably my favorite console with the wii u being a close second. it you like nostalgia -- those are two systems to get. I rarely play any other system. the reason why I don't want to be a part of the scenes much anymore is: bricking, banning, and backing up. the three b's. bricking is probably unlikely, but banning is very likely especially on the switch. then, I have this obsessive need to back everything up multiple times after having lost 360, ps3, and wii hdds. I actually bought 2 10TB hdds each with about 1.5TBs to spare after backing up all other hdds, memory stick, flash files, micro/sd cards, memory carts, saves, flash drives, etc. I just recently added a ton of things to an external hdd for the 360 while removing all xbla games from the internal to clean everything up. I also noticed about ten dlc files that were 0KBs for some reason. :-/ anyway, I left my system on for two days straight backing up the internal hdd via an ethernet cable. ;) it's too much of a headache, 'cause I really don't want to lose everything again. I'm a bit hesitant having so much on two hdds too.

Spawn likes this.
  6. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Preaching to the choir, man. ;)

Bricking is my #1 fear, except for the PS3. Banning doesn't bother me, since I never play multiplayer. I'm a solo-gamer. :)

Backups is my drug, I have a box containing too many HDD's to keep track of, packed with backups of backups of backups... :P Most of them have only been used that one time, making the backup.

One day I'll grab my balls and clean it up a bit. Certainly would render me a couple of TB free space and unused drives. ;)

Here I have to spend 100$ to get a 1Tb drive, so I need to make sure they stay alive for a long time. :(

pinky likes this.
  7. 10,231
    pinky

damn, $100 for 1TB? the 10TB hdds I have were about $270/apiece on newegg. they're still in my bedroom floor after having spent about four days copying from one to the other via usb 3.0. :)

I think a lot of people who hack their systems become more of a game collector than a game player. that's what happened to me. it got to the point to where it was frustrating and boring. that is the reason why I don't want to hack my switch. aside from that is a banning. I'm not so worried about bricking, since I can often fix mistakes, but I do have a problem with a banning. when your system's banned, it's almost tainted. like I have a banned ps3 (on rebug), but who'd want it due to that???

Spawn likes this.
  8. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Yep, that's not cheap. :(

Yeah, I think so too. I've sure been collecting more than gaming since I started hacking my systems, but not so much anymore. Mainly since I've more or less gathered all the stuff I wanted, but also I've been focusing more on playing my games since I got sick..

I still enjoy collectiong, but now it's basically just the really collectible stuff, not everything and anything.. :P

As for the banned PS3 on Rebug... I'd still want it, but than again.. I'm a solo-gamer, so I have no need for online access.. ;)

pinky likes this.
  9. 6,017
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Do amazon not ship to your country? You can get 3TB for about $100 on there,

Spawn likes this.
  10. 10,231
    pinky

I might try to sell the system somewhere or just keep it as backup considering I have 2 backup 360s. :-p

I've become obsessive almost to the point of ocd when it comes to just about everything. everything must be in perfect condition and remain that way or I'll have a stroke. I think that may be the reason why I bought a new ps3. I can't have a banned system. it's also the reason I've never checked if my 3ds was banned. I don't even game on those two systems, so it would be a shame.

Spawn likes this.
  11. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Yes, but we have an administrative fee on all items shipped from overseas, so I'd end up paying 200-250$ for it anyway. :(

Man, it's like it was me who wrote that. :D
    I've spent more time maintaining the condition of my consoles, than actually using them. And at one point, I could barely stand anyone even looking at them.

Like a little Smeagol... ;) My preciousssss.... :glee:

pinky and DeViL303 like this.
  12. 10,231
    pinky

I'll game enough for both of us. :D

Spawn likes this.
  13. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

You better!! ;)

Tomorrow I'll be cleaning out my rented storage. My brothers birthday is coming up.. I have a NES sitting in wrapped original packaging that I'll be giving him. :)

He turns 30 and have beaten cancer twice. He's always had a love for the NES, so it's the perfect gift. Even tho he has a few already. But he ain't got one that's got the original seal intact. ;)

pinky likes this.
  14. 10,231
    pinky

congrats to your brother. :)

that's pretty neat -- an unopened nes. I wish I had one, but I'd need a framemeister first. for now, I"ll just settle for a retron 5.

Spawn likes this.
  15. 541
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Well, tbh I got a SNES and N64 original seal intact as well. :)

Those I keep for myself, tho.. Especially the N64 as it's a Zelda special value pack. ;)

Still got my very first VIC20 too.. That one's a bit worn, but man I had some great times back then.. ;)

pinky likes this.
  16. 10,231
    pinky

an snes, an n64...you can't even give them to me, your long lost brother? :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Spawn likes this.