UPDATE v1.01/.02 have been released v2.0 has been released
Huge news for nonCFW compatible PS3 Models (SuperSlims and late Slim Models) as anonymous developer's have dropped a huge bombshell with the release of PS3HEN. Just recently we seen the release of HFW (Hybrid Firmware) for the PS3, proving once again that the development scene is still alive and kicking to bring a new window of exploration to 4.84 by bringing back a patched webkit (from 4.82) in a rather clever approach. Which restored the PS3Xploit Tools for 4.84 for both Custom Firmware Compatible Models (for CFW installs) and for nonCFW models that utilized the less powerful etHANel (aka HAN) exploit that with today's news will be an obsolete hack with the emergence of the PlayStation3 first HEN or otherwise known as a Homebrew ENabler. So, yes that means SuperSlim Console's and late Slims PS3 Models (aka nonCFW models) can now FINALLY enjoy PS3 Homebrew at last, but that is not all this PS3HEN release brings to the table. As there is a number of CFW patches / features that come along for the ride as well, while not on quite par with CFW functionality completely it does provide a number of functions that is very exciting and very close to a CFW experience (especially with homebrew support)..Some additional features include things like Boot-Plugin Support, BDISO Support, Cinavia patches are just a few of the features/patches you can see outlined in the release notes:
This has been a long journey for the SuperSlim's/late slims who were left on the outside of the community for a very long time and then finally got an introduction to hacks with the HAN exploit and now with a more powerful HEN that has now emerged finally there will be plenty of new possibilities.
UPDATED v1.01 /.02 Released
- Renamed stackframe_v11.bin to stackframe.bin
- Added boot_plugins_nocobra.txt
- Added USB and HDD offline packages
- HAN-signed PS3HENtai package
- Fixed missing "Enable HEN" icon while CFW files are being used, with new USB and HDD offline packages
A Powerful Homebrew ENabler (HEN) for nonCFW compatible PS3 Models
What is HEN?:
- HEN stands for Homebrew ENabler. it also consists of many more new functions relatively close to a Custom Firmware (CFW)
How does it work?:
- Install HAN Enabler. Copy PS3HEN.BIN, HENTAI.pkg and stackframe.bin(READ:rename) to /dev_usb000 and run the HTML.
- Once done, go to Package manager and install the HENTAI.pkg and reboot console
- From now on to enable HEN simply use usb000 stackframe.bin and PS3HEN.BIN and run html...HEN ENABLED!
Noob Friendly Instructions (Added by psx-place.com thanks @Louay)
- Install HFW 4.84.2 (Found here) from Official firmware 4.84
- Then use HAN Installer to get Package Manger in XMB Game colmun
- Copy the 2 BINs (PS3HEN.bin + stackframe.bin) from download file (of PS3HEN v1.0.0) along with HENTAI.pkg to root of USB
- Install the HENTAI PKG via Package Manager on the XMB
- Use HEN Enabler @ ps3xploit.com website (there is offline see @esc0rtd3w twitter post or next tab)
- Now HEN is Enabled launch your chosen homebrew and run if it give you 80010017 then re use HEN Enabler cause it didn't activate properly
FEATURES (as of v1.00):
- ManaGunz backup manager works best for jb rips(ISO not supported)!
- MULTIMAN works too but compatibility is not the same.
- PSXISO Support is there!!!!
- BD/DVD Region patches
- BDISO support(stutter with xmb, use showtime)
- BOOT-PLUGINS WORK location "/dev_usb000/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt"(Use webman original one and not the mod one. also disable content scan on boot in settings)
- Discless games work with disc icon!
- Syscall 6 added
- Syscall 7 added (address>0x8000000000352230) and disabled overwriting syscall 0->15
- Syscall 15 added
- Syscall 8 opcodes added for detection HEN and for advanced lv2 poke(read DEVELOPER SECTION)
- Whole kernel memory RWX (execute kernel payload like this at high locations or hook syscalls etc)
- PS3MAPI support for modding
CFW PATCHES RUNNING ON PS3HEN:
- Debug PKG install
- Homebrew resigned for 3.55 and less support!
- Homebrew Root Flags enabled!
- HAN PKG insall support
- PSN Connectivity
- All process executed after HEN have rwx permissions!
- HAN Enabled by default!
- CFW settings
- Retail/DEBUG pkg installation
- Unlink to Delete
- Remote play with PC
- Download debug pkg on retail
- Remote play ignores SFO check
- Cinavia protection
- DVD region check (not cracking RCE)
- REBUG themed RCO & XML
- AIO copy
- if you get error 80010017 launching homebrew that simply means HEN failure, restart console and try again!(restart is important!)
- also try deleting cache, browsing data, cookies and the likes from browser, make the exploit page the home page
- Added by psx-place (via @esc0rtd3w) -msg source
- without boot_plugins_nocobra.txt file on usb000 it wont load WebMan at /dev_hdd0/plugins/webftp_server.sprx (/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt/file) Note: its actually not a problem or an issue. it prevents bad plugins from running
- Added by psx-place (via @habib) - msg Source
Error Code 80028f22 occurs with trying to launch currently unsupported ISO games (ps3)
- Added by psx-place (via @habib)
Black screen occurs on homebrew when not re-signed or rarely occurs for no reason (hen failure)
- #define SYSCALL8_OPCODE_IS_HEN 0x1337
- using this if return 0x1337 its hen
- ADVANCED POKE:syscall8(0x7003, addr, value);
- this allows poking any location in lv2 memory BUT you have to restore original value before exiting to another application or exiting to xmb.USE WISELY OTHERWISE PS3 SHUTS DOWN
- BDMIRROR:Managunz FTW!(please use Cobra payload because by default its MULTIMAN)
- NOTE:mounting dev_blind will actually mount dev_flash. change files directly from dev_flash instead or hdd0/plugins/CFW/
- Kernel Mode returns 0x53434500 on success to user webkit 0x8a000000. its good to measure HEN success. right now hen is already close to or is 100%
- DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ENABLE FSM (Factory Service Mode) ON A PS3 WITH PS3HEN! - Source
- CONNECTION TO PSN SHOULD BE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DISABLING CFW SYSCALLS MAY NOT HIDE YOUR HEN WHILE ON PSN (a popular method used by CFW user's may not be suited for PS3HEN user's)
- DO NOT INSTALL CCAPI (ControlConsole API)
Apps / Utilities / Tools updated for PS3HEN Support (if needed)
This section has been added by psx-place.com
Q.) What is the differences between PS3HEN & Custom Firmware?
A.) (via habib) So, the limitations of hen
1.resigning is needed of homebrews!
2.some homebrews need updates to support(READ:Readme)
3.erk dumper or tools such as IDPSet are not possible
4.ps3 iso are not possible
5.(could be fixed with some reversing) NPDRM paid licenses won’t work if not signed with HAN key(tools such as reactpsn need update or fix in hen needed)
6.(BUG)since NPDRM paid licenses won’t work when HEN enabled(thus HAN with it), original paid content won’t work without resign or when hen enabled
7.its just not permenant like CFW
SEE: PS3HEN v2.0.0
See the (Work In Progress) PS3 Starter Guide for PS3 HEN user's
We will be adding alot of content to over the next days >>> LINK <<<
PS3 PS3HEN: A Homebrew ENabler (& more) for SuperSlim & all nonCFW PS3 Consoles !!!
By STLcardsWS on Apr 26, 2019 at 10:23 PM
Advanced Power Options (v1.10) Released: A XMB MOD for all CFW & HENA handy XMB (main menu) modification for the PlayStation 3 that is now compatible with either CFW (Custom FirmWare) or HEN (Homebrew ENabler) has been updated to v1.10 with a new name as well. This project has seen contributions from various developer's that include @DeViL303, @kozarovv, @mysis @Joonie and @lmn7 and collectively have created Advance Power Options (v1.10). This sleek mod allows for additional Power Options to be displayed and executed with ease from the comfort of the XMB. The new inclusions for your XMB will include a fast Shut Down (no conformation is asked), A Soft Reboot (a faster reboot, doesn't completely shutdown system) or a Hard Reboot (which shuts down slower, as it's a complete system restart). Plus, the mod provides a few additional Advanced Options and these include the ability to Reboot in Recovery Mode (which can be a handy feature, as the official method from Sony involves a process of holding the power button down on your console for awhile), If you desire even faster access to a few functions within the Recovery Mode the devs have you covered here as well as there is options to Rebuild Database or Check the File-System on reboot by selection those included options on the XMB as well. For HEN user's that about sums up things, but CFW user's you have one more additional function which is optional but Also included is an optional pkg to Boot into OtherOS. Overall, this is a great collection of work and a superb modification for your PS3's XMB to add new functionality. View a preview of this mod before installing it, by checking out the developer's YouTube video included below (video coverage is of v1.04) to get an idea of what this mod is all about for CFW and now HEN user's also. Continue reading
PCSX-R (PS4 Port) - PlayStation (PS1 on PS4) Emulator by ZnullptrThis news is a bit late but wanted to get everyone caught up on this project for the PlayStation 4 as Developer Znullptr (David Miller) has recently developed a new emulator port for exploited PS4 console (currently 5.05 being the latest exploitable firmware in public) called PCSX-R which as you may of guessed is a PlayStation 1 emulator. The developer has said he ceased emulation development (source code release is planned) on the PS4 but we have seen a few tweets (1, 2) that could suggest he is still working on a few things (like a mednafen port that maybe is a better options for PS1 gameplay(?) ) but that remains to be seen. This PS1 emulator port seems to be working good enough to play many titles (some issue's are outlined below in the notes by markus95). PS4 gameplay footage can viewed in the videos provided below. So far we have seen this emulation developer soft release several PoC emulators for the PS4 that have included Yabause (A Sega Saturn Emulator w/ speed issue's) / Reicast (DreamCast w/ speed issue's) & ,mGBA (GameBoy Advance). Since this is an early concept and build you have to manually swap your roms for a game you want to play, details about the process can be seen below courtesy of @Markus95 .Continue reading
[Update August 10th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (August 10) - Now the 28th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: