PSN Liberator - Convert PSN Content to Disc Format

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by Rudi Rastelli, Jan 24, 2015.

1. 11,921
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

it might not ask for it anymore. I'm thinking of the older version. the newer 1.0+ has a database of klicenses, so maybe it doesn't need it. not sure what could be wrong unless the klicense is incorrect, but I'm sure it would tell you.

Aidorin likes this.
  2. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

Yeah, actually I'm using an older versión (0.94b), because 1.0 only resigns to 4.2, and 4.2 doesn't work with HEN (only works when resigned to 3.55 I think). And in my firsts attempts happened what you say, It asked me for kilcenses. But I copied the dev_klics file from 1.0 and put it in 0.94b, and since then It doesn't ask for klicenses and most of my games converted work.

But Flashback HD (and Flower, but I give up with this one) doesn't work. Well, It works, but not full unlocked as it is when I play It from internal hdd in the default folder format. I guess because it's a trial/full unlocked game, and something specific must be done with that Gamedata1.edat file.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  3. 11,921
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I'm not sure. it could be a c00 game, which would be unlocked by default without a rap or an actual edat license. I'm thinking flower might be. I had that game at one point (I think). I don't convert my pkg games though. I only have maybe 15-20 games (all pkgs) as I don't use an external hdd either. btw, some edats are dummy (serve no function), so renaming them or deleting them is okay, but I'd suggest renaming them first, then seeing if the game works normally.

4. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

Umm, I don't know. Inside Flashback game folder there is no c00 folder, so I think It isn't. And when PSN Liberator resigns and liberate files, if they are already liberated, It skip them, as It says in the final log file. And with Flashback HD, it liberates and resign eboot.bin and GameData1.edat, It doesn't skip them.

Well, I guess I'm going to do a little more tests later, and see...

Thanks!

5. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

Hi atreyu197,

Can you explain me the reason why changing the contentID helped with that game? As you can see in my previous posts, I'm having problems converting Fladhback HD (the problem is get full unlocked game). And now I see something strange: when I start Flashback HD from mounted ISO, It install a small folder in PS3 internal hdd/game folder, but It shows (in the param.sfo and in xmb) as Unreal Tournement 3, even folder name is the Flashback HD id. Maybe It's something related with what you said about changing contentID, or maybe it's because Flashback uses Unreal Engine.

6. 5,757
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

TBH I have no idea I did this years ago when Rudi first released this tool and I am simply going upon memory to be 199% honest.

7. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

Ok, I see and I understand. Thanks anyway!