PSN Liberator - Convert PSN Content to Disc Format

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by Rudi Rastelli, Jan 24, 2015.

1. 41
    PS3BigFan

PS3BigFan Member

OK, regardless of what I did - nothing helped to start Yakuza 5 properly. The most I could get - I could even see Yakuza 5 logo loading for 1-2 seconds, and then the game was frozen (when I started it as external game data with some stub data on the internal HDD). This was after I created my own "game stub" PKG (just with param.sfo, eboot.bin and some other files), installed this PKG via ps3 pkg installer, and redirected to the external game data then.

So the only solution which worked was - just to install the PKG as usual, then copy all data to external HDD and removing most of the data from the internal. Then the external data via webman worked finally as intended (standalone old game data tool did not work at all).
    Now the funny things. I did some experiments by replacing all the regular SELF/SPRX/EBOOT/EDAT/PARAM.SFO with my resigned/modified stuff (all resigned to "free type NPDRM FW 3.55") - the game still works without any visible issues (and it works as expected with the original files too). The only thing that was added during the regular PKG installation is the new directory "DRMDIR" with the only file there being EP0177-NPEB02228_00-YAKUZA5000000000.HDR . It's a very small 384 bytes file with the header "PKG€". This "magical" file makes it finally possible to run the game with ANY eboot/self etc. files. Probably I could even try to resign everything to "disc type app" and it would maybe even then still work.
    So my question now is - HOW can I generate such HDR files by myself? A quick google search didn't yield any good results.
    Any hints are much appreciated, thanks!!
    (@catalinnc , @aldostools and anyone who can maybe answer this :) )

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. 41
    PS3BigFan

PS3BigFan Member

An interesting update - I tried to remove the DRMDIR and the game still works! (with resigned files) Not sure how it would be with the original files. So the question is - where the additional installation is stored then? Something that PS3 does during the retail PKG/PSN installation? Thanks for any information!

3. 1
    Evans

Evans Forum Noob

Could someone tell me tf is this??

Attached Files:

4. 224
    Ps3_dev

Ps3_dev Member

Can any one update this

5. 5,782
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

What needs to be updated ?

6. 224
    Ps3_dev

Ps3_dev Member

K licence

And its slow

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
  7. 11,962
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

klicenses are unique to the game. you can get them with the EBOOT.BIN and its rap. the easiest way is by using cfw tools (over the network tier), and logging them (log appears in the tmp folder).

8. 224
    Ps3_dev

Ps3_dev Member

But i have rap file corresponding to eboot.bin
    And copied to rapfolder of liberator but it not taking rap file to ressign the eboot and it pushing it to bruteforce it takes almost a hour
    Major problem is
    It only resigns to 4.21
    So can u make to 3.55

9. 11,962
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

not sure about the resigning. yes, bruteforcing takes a while depending on the content. the klicense is a series of random bytes, so it has to scan the file byte by byte. it may be the only way with hen. cfw tools/settings on cfw just needs you to boot the game with klicense logging enabled. letting the system do the work, it takes only a few minutes.

btw, some edat files are dummy (no klicense). that could be why it's taking so long. the best way to check is to rename that file or delete it (keeping a backup just in case), then test the game. psn liberator will skip over the file then.

10. 5,782
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I asked you more details about what you meant, and your explain is... "Klicense needs to be updated and is slow " ?
    I dont know wtf are you talking about, make some effort to communicate with people, not just posts composed by 3 words max

11. 173
    blckbear_

blckbear_ Member

Electrical engineering student
    I don't know if this is a known bug, but the option to select resigning to 3.55 is greyed out and I'm only able to resign to 4.21.

12. 21
    NathanHale

NathanHale Forum Noob

FYI: Using v1.0 the option to resign to 3.55 is grayed out and you can only resign to 4.21

USE VERSION 0.96B TO RESIGN TO 3.55 (it works, I personally tested it with a couple of pkgs).

blckbear_ likes this.
  13. 158
    NoSoul81

NoSoul81 Member

Trying to convert Resident Evil 4 [NPEB00342] to ISO with Liberator. It errors when asking for klicensee. I have the klicensee from a .log from my PS3 but how do I make PSN Liberator know what it is?

I've seen multiple sources say this game works including someone during this thread. But I have had no luck.

14. 2,659
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    On the Liberator main menu go to "Extras" then select "Import Klic from Klic.log".

BTW, I checked and PSN Liberator already has the Klic for this game, I just checked. Don't convert, or resign or anything, any of the EBOOTs or anything before using this this tool, let the tool do all the work.

15. 158
    NoSoul81

NoSoul81 Member

Guess I need a newer version I'm 0.92 doesn't have that option. Will try it.

Also I didn't convert or resign anything the files were taken directly from my PSN game off hdd0/game/NPEB00342

16. 2,659
    Cypher_CG89

Using that version might be the issue of not recognising things, I am using v1.0 of this app.

EDIT: Also v1.0 has the option to resign things to 3.55 or 4.21 during the process so everything will be done for you when you select convert to iso.

17. 158
    NoSoul81

NoSoul81 Member

Using 1.0 now I have the klicensee of RE4 in the log but it says 0 new Klicensee imported.

I guess I'll try it without it.

18. 2,659
    Cypher_CG89

That means it aready has it stored, its in the tools folder of the app > "klics.txt". If you search NPEB00342 in that file it will show you the klics for it, plus all the other games it has them for.

Also see my above edit so you can do everything at once without the need to manully resign anything.

19. 158
    NoSoul81

NoSoul81 Member

OMG it worked. Guess this game requires PSN Liberator as I had ben trying to convert it manually many times and never worked.

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone know if Okami HD works? Another game I've never been able to convert manually but maybe I'll try Liberator.

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  20. 17
    siboXD

siboXD Forum Noob

PSN Liberator 1.0 (PS3 PKG Ripper 1.4.3 update)

Changelog:
    - Updated PS3 PKG Ripper to 1.4.3 (as for problems solved in PS3 PKG Ripper)

Because this tool used the last flawed version (at least i think that, because my antivirus "Kaspersky" deleted that exe when zip extracted as it does with threats) I thought to update the PS3 PKG Ripper version to 1.4.3 used inside that tool.

So from now on users wanting to use that tool can do without worries and without antivirus saying that there's a threat!

Here's the new link to update: https://mega.nz/#!R1kAHS7I!ca-8RJyqa-GxB3oJ7h1NRoVCQJdHrgMvTs28DM06RZ8

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019