The PS3ITA PSXITA Team known for the work in the PS3 Scene with homebrew/cfw/tools has been working on the PS4 lately and they have a NEW Linux Distro for the PlayStation 4 (exploited) they created call Psxitarch Linux which is a based on Arch Linux. This distro contains support for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB Sound Cards and then my favorite 3D Hardware Acceleration, which powers emulators (that are included) such as RetroArch (linux), mupen64plus (Nintendo 64), epsxe (PS1), ppsspp (PSP) and also Steam all running on this new Linux distro. Bad news for PRO Models you will be sitting this one out for the time being as your console's are not currently supported the team does provide some additional details in the release notes. The distro also includes various applications that makes this a very intriguing release from the PS3ITA Team,
Psxitarch Linux: A distro for the PlayStation 4
Psxitarch is a linux distribution for PS4 based on Arch Linux, developed to be light, not very resourceful and easy to install.
It includes the graphics drivers (radeon drm, radeonsi) needed to use 3D hardware video acceleration, kernel 4.14.14, support for * bluetooth, * wi-fi, ethernet and USB sound cards.
- Window manager: jwm
- Terminals: lxterminal, xterm
- Web Browser: midori
- Network Manager: wicd
- File manager: pcmanfm
- Emulators / Games: Steam, retroarch (MULTI EMU), mupen64plus (N64), snes9x (SNES), epsxe (PSX), ppsspp (PSP)
- Utilities: playonlinux (Gui for wine), leafpad (Text editor), htop (System monitor), xreader (PDF viewer), xarchiver (Archive manager), blueman (Bluetooth manager)
- Multimedia: gpicview (img viewer), xnoise (audio / video player)
NOTES ON APPLICATIONS
- If you have installed a new program and want to make it appear in the main menu go to Jwm Config and select Aggiorna Menu
- If you want to start Steam use the voice Steam (Native), only if a game does not work use Steam (Runtime).
- In Retroarch you will find only a few preinstalled cores (mame, genesis, turbograf and nes), you can install others by starting a retroarch and going to Online Updater and download cores . Some cores may require bios to function properly, copy them to /home/psxita/.config/retroarch/bios .
- For those who ask, we have not included dolphin-emu in the distro because the recent versions in the repo and git do not work properly on PS4. We have compiled an old version and it seems to work with a simple "workaround" (you have to start dolphin together with glxgears), if you are desperate propio we can let you have it.
- Kodi, has not been included in the distro for reasons of space, but you can easily install it and it should work without any modification.
*AUDIO: Audio via HDMI is not working but there are various ways to get around this
* WIFI / BLUETOOTH
- Use a USB sound card (found at a euro on ebay)
- Streaming via bluetooth (if working) audio (you can use bluetooth speakers or headphones)
- Use the Dualshock 4 (or the Nacon Revolution) connected via USB with a pair of headphones
- The wifi or / and the bluetooth may not work on some PS4 or be unstable, the reason is not yet clear (does not seem to depend on the model of PS4)
COMPATIBLE PS4 MODELS
- Psxitarch supports all PS4 models except PS4 PRO.
On PS4 PRO the 3D hardware acceleration does not work, you will be relegated to that software, the reason you can find it here: http://www.ps3ita.it/forum/post43087.html#p43087
The distro is not free from bugs and imperfections but we hope this is a first step to make linux more accessible, hoping in the future to improve it thanks to your help.
For any questions, doubts, curiosities write us in the appropriate page of the forum:
ITALIAN VERSION SOON ..
- A USB device (better if 3.0) formatted in FAT32 of a size not less than 12GB
- USB hub (optional)
- The payload to start linux: Download for fw 4.55 - Download for fw 4.05
- The bzImage (kernel): Download md5: 85d3a15a22380591f5519122f436c7ba
- The initramfs: Download md5: a3e4d2e6a15fea750ed4e8cccacfa112
- The psxitarch.tar.xz file (the distro): Download md5: 26bae18ccc2e2173109a7fd954657c08
The USB device that you will use will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted !!
- Copy the initramfs, the bzImage and the psxitarch.tar.xz file to the root of the USB device
- Connect the USB device to the PS4, if you have connected other USB devices disconnect them (you must have only one USB device connected)
- Start the exploit
- Start the payload
- Wait a few seconds, the screen should go black and then the rescushell screen will appear
- Connect the keyboard, write: exec install-psxitarch.sh (the keyboard layout is set to US, to write the dash you have to use the ' )
- Wait until the distro is installed (you should see a long list of files that are copied to the USB), the installation time varies from USB to USB (if you are crazy enough to install the distro on USB 2.0 it should take about 25 minutes)
- After the installation the distro should start by itself and show you the login screen, if it does not start write exec start-psxitarch.sh (from the next restart the distro should start by itself, you will not have to write anything)
- On the login screen, enter username psxita and password changeit
- We want to thank with all my heart who has contributed and continues to contribute to the development of Linux on PS4
Thank you guys!!
- failoverflow (without them we probably will not have linux)
- All the guys in the discord channel Official Playstation 4 Scene
PS4 Psxitarch Linux released (by PSXITA TEAM) - Adds Support for 3D Graphics, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & More
By kozarovv on May 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM
[Update July 21th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (July 21) - Now the 19th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - May 2019 Progress Report - 1337 pl4y4bl3 ~ 1337 1n64m3 :)That can't be an accident. Following up after the impressive Progress Report last Month, where we learned that over >40% of all PS3 Game Titles are now fully "Playable", today the great Team behind the PS3 Emulator RPCS3 showcases their newest Progress Report for May 2019 with another milestone. If you are a long follower of their great Project or maybe you are even enjoying your PS3 Game Titles on your PC right now (because "why not"?), you will be already familiar with the fact that most of the Game Titles tested on RPCS3 will at least boot up, but then you will experience Graphical Glitches, huge Slow-Downs or even you aren't able to play a Game Title to the End, which is sad (Damn you "Narco Terror" and "The Expendables 2: Videogame" why you still aren't bootable? :P). This is why in the past, the "Ingame" Status comprised most Game Titles in every Compatibility List. But for the first Time since it's Initial Release, the "Playable" Category ties the first place together with the "Ingame" Category with both 1337 Game Titles each. This means whatever Game Title you choose to play via RPCS3, there is a 43.71% Chance that it will be at least "Ingame". That's impressive don't you think? Oh, and sorry for the leetspeak at the Title. I mean come on, we are talking about 1337 Game Titles fully "Playable".Continue reading
[UPDATE] PS3HEN v2.3.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW modelsUPDATE (6-27-2019): Version 2.3.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v2 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 2.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
Share This Page
Latest: Cosmic-R, Jul 23, 2019 at 3:00 AM
Latest: sandungas, Jul 23, 2019 at 2:44 AM
Latest: Yagavitch, Jul 23, 2019 at 2:19 AM
Latest: jolek, Jul 23, 2019 at 2:18 AM
Latest: Anthonyy817, Jul 23, 2019 at 12:56 AM
Latest: atreyu187, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:17 PM
Latest: newtothepartyhdd, Jul 22, 2019 at 10:46 PM
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: