The PS3ITA PSXITA Team known for the work in the PS3 Scene with homebrew/cfw/tools has been working on the PS4 lately and they have a NEW Linux Distro for the PlayStation 4 (exploited) they created call Psxitarch Linux which is a based on Arch Linux. This distro contains support for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB Sound Cards and then my favorite 3D Hardware Acceleration, which powers emulators (that are included) such as RetroArch (linux), mupen64plus (Nintendo 64), epsxe (PS1), ppsspp (PSP) and also Steam all running on this new Linux distro. Bad news for PRO Models you will be sitting this one out for the time being as your console's are not currently supported the team does provide some additional details in the release notes. The distro also includes various applications that makes this a very intriguing release from the PS3ITA Team,
Psxitarch Linux: A distro for the PlayStation 4
Psxitarch is a linux distribution for PS4 based on Arch Linux, developed to be light, not very resourceful and easy to install.
It includes the graphics drivers (radeon drm, radeonsi) needed to use 3D hardware video acceleration, kernel 4.14.14, support for * bluetooth, * wi-fi, ethernet and USB sound cards.
- Window manager: jwm
- Terminals: lxterminal, xterm
- Web Browser: midori
- Network Manager: wicd
- File manager: pcmanfm
- Emulators / Games: Steam, retroarch (MULTI EMU), mupen64plus (N64), snes9x (SNES), epsxe (PSX), ppsspp (PSP)
- Utilities: playonlinux (Gui for wine), leafpad (Text editor), htop (System monitor), xreader (PDF viewer), xarchiver (Archive manager), blueman (Bluetooth manager)
- Multimedia: gpicview (img viewer), xnoise (audio / video player)
NOTES ON APPLICATIONS
- If you have installed a new program and want to make it appear in the main menu go to Jwm Config and select Aggiorna Menu
- If you want to start Steam use the voice Steam (Native), only if a game does not work use Steam (Runtime).
- In Retroarch you will find only a few preinstalled cores (mame, genesis, turbograf and nes), you can install others by starting a retroarch and going to Online Updater and download cores . Some cores may require bios to function properly, copy them to /home/psxita/.config/retroarch/bios .
- For those who ask, we have not included dolphin-emu in the distro because the recent versions in the repo and git do not work properly on PS4. We have compiled an old version and it seems to work with a simple "workaround" (you have to start dolphin together with glxgears), if you are desperate propio we can let you have it.
- Kodi, has not been included in the distro for reasons of space, but you can easily install it and it should work without any modification.
*AUDIO: Audio via HDMI is not working but there are various ways to get around this
* WIFI / BLUETOOTH
- Use a USB sound card (found at a euro on ebay)
- Streaming via bluetooth (if working) audio (you can use bluetooth speakers or headphones)
- Use the Dualshock 4 (or the Nacon Revolution) connected via USB with a pair of headphones
- The wifi or / and the bluetooth may not work on some PS4 or be unstable, the reason is not yet clear (does not seem to depend on the model of PS4)
COMPATIBLE PS4 MODELS
- Psxitarch supports all PS4 models except PS4 PRO.
On PS4 PRO the 3D hardware acceleration does not work, you will be relegated to that software, the reason you can find it here: http://www.ps3ita.it/forum/post43087.html#p43087
The distro is not free from bugs and imperfections but we hope this is a first step to make linux more accessible, hoping in the future to improve it thanks to your help.
For any questions, doubts, curiosities write us in the appropriate page of the forum:
ITALIAN VERSION SOON ..
- A USB device (better if 3.0) formatted in FAT32 of a size not less than 12GB
- USB hub (optional)
- The payload to start linux: Download for fw 4.55 - Download for fw 4.05
- The bzImage (kernel): Download md5: 85d3a15a22380591f5519122f436c7ba
- The initramfs: Download md5: a3e4d2e6a15fea750ed4e8cccacfa112
- The psxitarch.tar.xz file (the distro): Download md5: 26bae18ccc2e2173109a7fd954657c08
The USB device that you will use will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted !!
- Copy the initramfs, the bzImage and the psxitarch.tar.xz file to the root of the USB device
- Connect the USB device to the PS4, if you have connected other USB devices disconnect them (you must have only one USB device connected)
- Start the exploit
- Start the payload
- Wait a few seconds, the screen should go black and then the rescushell screen will appear
- Connect the keyboard, write: exec install-psxitarch.sh (the keyboard layout is set to US, to write the dash you have to use the ' )
- Wait until the distro is installed (you should see a long list of files that are copied to the USB), the installation time varies from USB to USB (if you are crazy enough to install the distro on USB 2.0 it should take about 25 minutes)
- After the installation the distro should start by itself and show you the login screen, if it does not start write exec start-psxitarch.sh (from the next restart the distro should start by itself, you will not have to write anything)
- On the login screen, enter username psxita and password changeit
- We want to thank with all my heart who has contributed and continues to contribute to the development of Linux on PS4
Thank you guys!!
- failoverflow (without them we probably will not have linux)
- All the guys in the discord channel Official Playstation 4 Scene
PS4 Psxitarch Linux released (by PSXITA TEAM) - Adds Support for 3D Graphics, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & More
By kozarovv on May 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM
SEN Enabler v6.2.1 - Includes 4.84 Spoof to regain PSN AccessDeveloper @Evilnat was quick to provide a Spoofing solution for 4.83 (& lower) CFW user's who may be making the wise decision of staying on a lower firmware and not so quick to jump to a 4.84 CFW right away that does not have the various supplemental homebrew's and tools updated for 4.84 yet. If you want to stay on top of those release's be sure to checkout this thread in the forum. The Spoof in SEN Enabler allows for a lower firmware to connect to PSN, but also note that it could be a potential trigger for a PSN ban so be aware of that when spoofing. For more info about SEN Enabler you can always checkout the official release and support thread located here in the psx-place forums.Continue reading
4.84 OFW Released - Beware do not updatePlayStation 3 had an official firmware update released with the drop of system update 4.84. Below i provided a small chart for people on other firmwares and their hacks. Currently it unknown what prompted the update, could of been a simple maintenance update, which what appears to be the case on initial inspections. Could the update have something to do with PS Plus *Buy Games from PlayStation Store* ending on the service? Very well could be but that is speculation at this point. PSX-Place will keep you updated of all the changes this update brings. The update has not patched the recent StoreHaxx release which is not something most will use as its simply an IDPS dumper currently (w/ other potentials possiable). Even on 4.83 and looking to exploit, you may want to wait to update until devs in this thread mainly @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w give the okay.
Checkout this thread for FUTURE 4.84 releated released.
Save The Scene v1.1 (Homebrew Game) released by Lapy05575948Cuban developer Lapy05575948 (aka Lapy Games) following the first homebrew release for the PS4 which was a Flappy Bird Clone called Lapy's Chicken . Now the game creator follows that game up with another in yesterday's release with v1.0 of a new PS4 Homebrew Game titled "Save The Scene" and a quick update of v1.1 followed today (that decreased the difficulty that was set a bit high in v1.0). Under the hood the game is built with Unity 3d and is an original creation by the developer for the PS4 along with a Windows version that has been created.as well. The premise of this game surrounds around an evil entity attacking the scene and you must save some of these devs by stopping the bombs (by selecting the right button before the bomb falls) from exploding on their heads . If you prove your are the "chosen one" you may get a working exploit (in the game world lol). There is some enjoyable design elements to this title that were brought to the game by the developer (Lapy05575948) and Xalgovia. Plus for your listening pleasures in this title we can thank retrogamer74 for the sound affects. Included below is video footage/screenshots of this game in action. This PS4 Homebrew requires an exploited PS4 Console (on 5.05 FW) .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- User Record:
- Latest Member: