Game You're Playing Right Now [Console/PC/Smartphone/Everything]

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kozarovv, Sep 14, 2016.

1. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Passionate Retro Bastard/Musician
    Home Page:
    bro ive initially bought the console with cfw in mind so the fact it can run hen its good enough for me.
    i can play the games with homebrew or not but i prefer running homebrew because of its usefulness.
    the seller got a bad rep from me anyways , shouldnt be advertising one model and then send you something completely different.
    after my incident with the 2503b nakedsnake advised me to grab a 21xx model instead and that's what i was expecting.
    anyways F%$# it. just opening the ps3 now and clean it , it's crammed with dust.

pinky likes this.
  2. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    i paid same price that i paid for a cfw compatible console before.
    paid around 60 odd quid for it.
    i agree and it's simple if people would be legit and come forward with their sales.
    not sending something different and then expecting things to be ok.
    my wife just wrote everything for me and the sellers answer was that only difference between this and the 21xx model was the hdd size and that this cpu model was faster.Righhtt......
    sorry about to hear about your experience too.
    im the kind of person that expects to receive what was advertised.
    i sold stuff on ebay before and i never tricked anybody.
    cant be bothered with this hassle of waiting ages to get something and then theres something wrong and taking more time to return and get another thing back.

anyways this is offtopic.
    my apologies.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    pinky likes this.
  3. 12,139
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

off topic, I'm hoping to get a sub woofer today. my setup is so old that I'm still using speaker wire. the one component not using it is the sub woofer though. I'm buying the same make/model (klipsch ksw10) as I did before, since I know it works with my setup. my current one produces no sound. I really hope that's the problem. I already tried different cables. I don't think it's the receiver, since everything else works.

jacobsson and Filipe Santos like this.
  4. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    good luck my friend!
    if youre buying from ebay my advice is check the photo to prove its thsat model you want or even ask the seller.
    any proper seller should send you whats advertised , not otherwise.

pinky likes this.
  5. 12,139
    pinky

yes, one of the photos shows the model number plate or sticker. I'm just afraid that it's not going to work, that there's some sort of additional option that's the problem. if I go through speaker level on the receiver, no sound comes from the sub woofer. I remember it receiving sound before. this is the second time this has happened. the first time, when it was still under warranty, I sent in just the board which is directly connected with all the switches and inputs. someone is selling a board on ebay for almost the same price as the entire unit, so I just decided on the entire unit instead. shipping is only $18, which doesn't sound right. the seller is probably going to get ripped off with shipping as that receiver I mentioned, which is like an inch or two big, was $8 by itself. I think the sub woofer might be 30+ pounds.

Filipe Santos likes this.
  6. 12,139
    pinky

I won that auction, so I got it for cheap. that speaker has to weigh at least 30lbs, so I can just imagine the shipping costs, which I will not have to pay. :D

back on topic, I'm now in dungeon 5 of link's awakening. it took like 20 minutes to get there from dungeon four, so it was much easier to find.

I'm still stuck BIG TIME in bloodstained. I'm at 75.80%. the guy who does crafting had a conversation with me. he mentioned a demon that had the ability to fly in some fiery place. I think I know the place he's talking about. I tried getting shards off of all of the enemies, but none of them make you fly. I think I need that ability. I also got a key somewhere, which I didn't even notice was in my inventory. I have no idea where the locked door is. this has got to be one of the most confusing games I've ever played.

I also played a bit more of breath of fire. I'm Nina at the moment. I went through a forest into some tower. god, it takes forever to gain a level in that game. I'm saved inside that tower. I think I might've missed a few chests beforehand. I did find some in the forest, behind random trees.

7. 12,139
    pinky

I might have to hold back with bloodstained. that game is confusing as hell, and I've looked everywhere.

I beat the fifth dungeon early this morning in link's awakening. the boss was just cheap and stupid.

in dragon quest 2, I got the boat, and I'm now saved in the first town of dq 1. dragon quest 1, 2, 3, and 11 are all related btw. I'm going to beat the first three dragon quest games before going back to 11. I'll probably just start over from the 11 demo. funny thing is that the only way to delete demo saves is through the demo itself. also, auto saves -- I can't seem to delete from the demo.

anyway, the music changed on the overworld once I got my third party member. I didn't think they did that on any nes rpgs. I thought they were just as basic as it comes. I'm really liking this game, lite on story, big on exploration. the only one of my characters who seems to be able to do anything is the hero. my other two characters get hurt easily and take out pathetic amounts. I probably need to go to an armory, but the princess can't seem to equip much of anything. lol

oh, I also got the rocket ship medallion in poi. it took me a moment to realize that I could buy the compass from the shop on the airship. what doesn't make sense to me is why I'm rocketed to the moon in the end.

8. 295
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Hell yeah THPS2 I remember getting that one on my 8th birthday or something. Haven't played it in a while, my best memories of that one were playing "Horse" with profanity or made up words on splitscreen lmao. Game had an epic soundtrack for sure, would occasionally put it on just to hear When Worlds Collide. Damn do I miss the action sports days and hype, growing up, never got too great at skating myself lol.

Peppe90 and pinky like this.
  9. 12,139
    pinky

well, I beat dragon quest 2 this morning. now, it's on to part 3. one thing I've noticed is that there's no jitter this time when you walk and the game scrolls. I also got a couple tiny medals. I remember those from the later games like dq 6. they're not in 1 or 2.

edit: btw, I found something weird. the magic spells in dq 2 -- the ones that both the prince and princess have -- require different amounts of mp. for example, midheal is 3 for the prince and 4 for the princess or something like that.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  10. 94
    sb00

sb00 PSX-Place Supporter

Hooked on Mario Golf right now

pinky likes this.
  11. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    Silent Hill : Downpour

pinky likes this.
  12. 12,139
    pinky

I can now fly in dragon quest 3. I think I might be at the last dungeon. I exited after getting to the boss's room. what kinda sucks is that enemies now have instant death spells for the entire party, and zing (resurrection) only randomly works. you also don't get full life with it. I must've missed a lot of mini medals, 'cause I only have like 62 or so of them. I didn't actively search for them, so that's just a normal play through along with searching certain places that seemed suspicious. :-p

when I beat this game, I will have beaten the original trilogy. I'm not sure what to move on to next. complete link's awakening or try to figure out what to do in bloodstained. bloodstained is kinda like how I feel about axiom verge, searching aimlessly for where to go majorly ballooning play through times. at some point, it ceases being fun. the only difference is that axiom verge's way of hiding things like power ups makes no sense.

edit:
    I just beat baramos. he was not the last boss. what's funny is that the eshop page for the game shows a party fighting him. if he had been the last boss, I would think that would be some sort of spoiler. lol he was inflicting massive damage of 100+. my hero, who had the most hp, only had 298hp. now, I'm in the underworld.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  13. 850
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    NFS Undercover on PC, cause the PS2 version was a really good game so I am now replaying it on PC. Altho PC world and content differs very much from the PS2 one.

Also, from time to time Fallout 3 and ES:IV Oblivion

pinky likes this.
  14. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    Went ''hunting'' today and bought more games for my collection.
    One would be amazed how great these games are for a really nice bargain.
    Got myself the Uncharted Trilogy , Uncharted 2 Collectors Limited Edition , Uncharted 1 Platinum :D and Uncharted 3 , (the must haves from Naughty Dog specially after playing The Last Of Us).
    I must admit Naughty Dog really pulled it out on me with this one , specially considering I knew them as the ''Crash Bandicoot'' cartoon-ish devs.
    Well done guys.
    Backing up my discs now.
    Got myself some other bit underrated gems (I hope) like Haze , Homefront , Ridge Racer 7 (still amazing to this day! specially for a 2006 game! Damn how the PS3 is so cool.)
    Also got another small surprises such as Walking Dead : Survival Instinct , since I don't like Telltale games as there's barely any gameplay on them which is kinda like overhyped game for the PS4 ''Until Dawn'' which I considered totally and utterly crap.
    Also Red Faction : Guerrilla and finally proud to have The Last Of Us in my own collection , highly recommended to whoever never had the chance to play it like me , really feels like a next-gen game and shows how great the ps3 can be from hardware that was created in 2006 , I'm sure many games would still look and feel great today if companies wouldn't be so focused on competing with others such as Microsoft with all these 4K ,8K that not everyone owns and those many ''next-gen'' gaming 60fps games that look so damn cheap. Long story).
    I'll be out looking for more games to add to my collection.

pinky likes this.
  15. 12,139
    pinky

"Riiiidge Raaacer." I have the game too. :-p

ISAK.M and Filipe Santos like this.
  16. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    My son Angelo loves racing games got that one for him mostly. But I admit, It's a damn fine racing game, love the speed and non-realistic drifting , a nice break from other more realistic games for sure , which I will look out for such as Codemaster's stuff such as GRID. Not F1 games they're damn too realistic for my taste.
    Nobody would believe that game was made in 2006. The framerate's outstanding , the playability's great and the graphics are great.
    Game aged really and extremely well and makes me really proud to own such games as these and the PS3 too of course. Totally my fav console , last gen or no last gen. :victorious:

pinky likes this.
  17. 12,139
    pinky

I'm a fan of ridge racer too. I remember playing the first one at a kiosk at blockbuster. :D I don't like the realistic simulators like gran turismo. to me, needing to get licenses and all that stuff is boring.

18. 12,139
    pinky

btw, @Filipe Santos , I rented a playstation from blockbuster just to try beyond the beyond (pretty bad game). you had to make a down payment of like $100, which you'll be reimbursed upon returning. I guess they were getting in broken systems at some point. lol

19. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    Oh no my dear friend , believe me I never felt attracted to Gran Turismo stuff even back then in PS1 days.
    Too realistic makes it too boring , for example , in the F1 games , you spend more time tuning the friggin' car than the actual race! XD
    Hate it.
    Love rally games also will have to get them too , my son loves them rally games.
    I'm sure when he grows up he will have a great time with good ol' daddy's console ( I hope!) :D

pinky likes this.
  20. 551
    Filipe Santos

Filipe Santos Member

Home Page:
    When was that?
    Blockbuster?
    Playstation 1?
    Was that back in the 90's or you mean today the mini version?
    Sorry :P
    got me lost there XD

pinky likes this.