PS4 PS4 6.20 kernel Exploit Coming Soon ? TheFlow says " don‘t update past 6.20 if you want a kxploit"

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 14, 2020.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 14, 2020 at 1:01 PM
  1. 9,432
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

It appears that TheFlow0 a very well know PS Vita developer/hacker who developed exploits like h-encore & Trinity and homebrew applications such as VitaShell for the PS Vita, has now been exploring the PS4.The developer has made a suggestion to the PS4 Community, as the dev advises anyone who is staying on lower ps4 firmware's in hopes for an exploit should not update past 6.20 Firmware, that got some attention as that could be the next fully exploited firmware that arises on the PlayStation 4. We have seen the release of multiple 6.20 WebKit exploits in the public (seen here from Specterdev (patched in 6.50) and then also Fire30 subsequently with another (different webkit entry) seen here (patched in 6.72)) which these two webkit exploits are the first piece, typically servings as a "foot in the door" or "entry point" for additional explorations / execution of potentials like a kernel exploits once (if) discovered.. TheFlow0's recent tweets (as outlined below) suggest he may of found that next piece in the all important kxploit and that means we may be graduating to 6.20 from 5.05 in the near future. However, this is still a bit early as the dev is just now getting his hands on the actual hardware to put his confident theories to the test (it appears, however he had confirmed (?) some discovery or theories with the latest tweet). This developer/hacker is very talented and well known so there is confidence among many of the claims made are positive steps forward. Stay tuned to the story as this develops, the developer is likely to give some additional progress reports in the future on his official twitter linked below, and we will keep you posted about any news that rolls out pertaining to what appears to be an advancement in the PS4 community that has been seeing a rise in development..

PS4.jpg

• Mar 10 - Somebody wanna donate me a 6.20FW PS4?
      • Mar 11 - Also don‘t update past FW 6.20 if you want a kxploit
      • Mar 13 - I didn't have any vulnerabilities when I wrote that. Now I have. 3 days later :)

TheFlow's Official Twitter https://twitter.com/theflow0/
    Additional coverage also @ wololo.net

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 14, 2020.

1. gDrive
      gDrive
      Hey there @pinky. It has been a while haha. I've mainly been staying away from consoles but other than that, I'm good. How about you? What's going on? :)
      aldostools and pinky like this.
    2. pinky
      pinky
      I'm doing well. I've made a lot of changes in my life, so I'm not the same person I was three years ago. you should pm me some time. sorry for derailing the thread a bit, but I hadn't seen you in years I think.
      gDrive likes this.
    3. gDrive
      gDrive
      Same here, and yes, it has been ages, and I've made a few changes myself. I'll PM you sometime as well. :)
    4. LuanTeles
      LuanTeles
      I only wish a rcomage for the ps4 :P
      gDrive likes this.
    5. pinky
      pinky
      not as necessary. the default icons like for the internet are metadata, just like games, this time.
      gDrive likes this.
    6. pinky
    7. Berion
      Berion
      I don't understand what did You wrote. What means: "I feel for those"? Feel what exactly? Also I don't understand "poor-shamed". So I don't even know if You agree with me or saying to me FU. ;)
      gDrive likes this.
    8. pinky
      pinky
      I think he's referring to people who want the system fully hacked. it's perceived that all or most are just pirates when in reality there's a lot of people who couldn't care about piracy and only want to see homebrew. I think that's the reason newer hacks have been held back. a few of the devs hacking the system have mentioned both piracy and online cheating as the reason they're hesitant to release a new hack for current firmware. I know that originally you couldn't install games to an eternal hdd without app2usb, because the dev said he was trying to protect against piracy.
      gDrive likes this.
    9. gDrive
      gDrive
      That's exactly what I meant. Thanks for the clarification when I was absent from here @pinky.
      pinky likes this.
    10. gDrive
      gDrive
      Sorry for the tardy reply, as I'm nowhere near as frequent as I used to be on these forums, but what I am saying is that I hate those who slander those who want consoles to be hacked immediately and always hacked in a timely and up-to-date fashion as "filthy pirates", thus the "poor-shaming" comment. That's why I understand where you're coming from with regards to your frustrations with the stagnancy of console hacking as a whole, and that's also why I've largely given up on it.
      pinky likes this.
    11. Berion
      Berion
      @gDrive When someone writing that hack is not necessary because games are in those days cheap, I have base to judge him as pirate and point that hacks are not only for pirating games...

On top of that, yes, unhacked consoles extremely frustrating me because in such state I cannot make backup of my data without been tied to F*G ONLINE SERVICES which will die sooner or later and are irreplaceable... On PS4 I cannot even backup my saves because console force me to log in to my account at least once (save is tied to SEN user), it is encrypted and ridiculously enlarged (i.e save for SteamWorld Dig have ~300KiB uncompressed but in PFS container it has TEN f*g MiB; don't to mention about more f*g save for FF15 which taking ~600MiB!). I don't even saying anything about system backup shit because I have too high blood pressure only on simple thought about it...
      Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
      STLcardsWS and gDrive like this.
    12. gDrive
      gDrive
      Anyone who says that "hacks are not necessary" because "games are cheap" or for any other reason are either insidious gatekeepers, and/or they're missing the point, especially when as you have pointed out, console mods have legit uses like making easy save/data backups without being tied to SEN, and it's ridiculous as to how on PS4, you NEED to have SEN to handle saves or export/import Pro Evolution Soccer custom kits and names. Also, what if you want to back up your digital games or someone wants to play a digital game that is only available on SEN but is no longer acquirable? Guess what: console mods, AS YOU RIGHTLY HAVE POINTED OUT, are needed to make playing hard-to-acquire digital games playable.

However, if you make logical statements though, you're a "warez mongrel/filthy pirate" apparently.
      pinky likes this.
    13. pinky
      pinky
      it's pretty frustrating, I agree. cfw will probably never happen either, but the exploit is pretty good. I think I've got a handle on some things aside from why updates need to be repacked. I found that out when I was 0ing out the keystones to my games only to find that the update wouldn't install. that's something I don't understand. I just dumped the base game, since updates don't contain a keystone. it's a bit of a learning curve, but it's not too bad. I think the ps4 will be the last system I hack. however, I recently got the animal crossing switch, keeping my original system which is exploitable. I just have no interest in it or do I? ;)
      gDrive likes this.
    14. ade23554
      ade23554
      So there will be one for 6.50 and 7.00 soon?
    15. pinky
      pinky
      there's a webkit exploit for 7.00 I believe, but no kexploit.
    16. Berion
      Berion
    17. Abdulmuain Haidarah
      Abdulmuain Haidarah
      About at least 5.55?? they said it's exploited but in private and no one disclose it to the public.
      any idea why?
    18. ade23554
      ade23554
      Ik, I was asking
    19. Berion
      Berion
      @ade23554 It was pointless question ;) because You know the same as we know, and we know what author of this twit say. So, well, let's say facts, are that he has already exploited PS4 on 6.20. And we can believe him because he is one the big brain of PSP (as total n00b if I remember correct) and Vita scene.

What he will do with it we don't know, probably he will release it. Probably he will exploit newer firmwares. Probably he will also release it. Probably. ;)
    20. GREEDY PESOS
      GREEDY PESOS
      ...hopefully this whole corona virus wont delay us from receving this beautiful 6.20 blessing to our Ps4's....
    Tags: