PS3 RetroArch 1.6.7- Fixed PS3 Nightly 09/03/17.

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Ezio, Sep 3, 2017.

By Ezio on Sep 3, 2017 at 4:50 PM
  1. 136
    Ezio

Ezio Developer

Hi guys, here we go. This release has done because the current PS3 nightlies don't seem to work like they should, so the main reason is a more stable homebrew.

downloadfile.jpg

• (nightly 2017-09-03)
      RetroArch v.1.6.7

DEX PS3 build
      https://mega.nz/#!UVwyEJZL!UwIAaYCDiGbk9UnAJBrN18VPrQYQbQmgtNuUwYo5wnw

CEX PS3 build
      https://mega.nz/#!lQJFyLSS!p28HM1RUcq7pT-HD_lhRoAEQV8p6AEYhMuAYeHRtZ2o

ODE PS3 build

https://mega.nz/#!gAQ3gbhK!qZnvQFP-c4SXqj4Mb2-F67oL_o17RcgDU4AC_6_TfT0

Changelog:
      • Better stability than nightlies
      • New experimental core: fbalpha. (it works only for some games, so you could get black screens or freezes)
      • Include all previous fixes like save/load bug on the snes9x2010 core and standalone pkgs released in the last weeks such as neogeo pocket core, mame 2003 and prosystem with latest available database
      • Favourite, Image, Video, Music, Netplay tabs
      • Added downloads folder, it includes freeware and shareware contents: cave story, doom, quake
      • Ode build: savestates, savefiles, playlists, configs, bios, favourite now should work on usb0001
      • Updated frontend, assets, cores, database, info files to the latest available source

New cores will be added whether they work and released like add-on packages.

Credits:
      • Libretro developers team
      • Libretro and RetroArch contributors
      • Emu developers behind the cores

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
    buj..., djluiluv, DEATHROW and 13 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Ezio, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Ezio
      Ezio
      Maybe mgba can run better that rom, in that case you need to wait a little. Anyway it could be a fault of the emulator if it happens also on other platforms.
      STLcardsWS and antonioks like this.
    2. antonioks
      antonioks
      pancho0112 if you are using mgba with the bios before the game, disarm the bios, I found a bug yesterday with the game Metroid Fusion in Portuguese and the mgba with the bios activated before the game, it freezes in bios by my tests, both on the Nintendo Wii , as in the Android tv box, disabling the bios the game runs normally.
      ZeroOne and STLcardsWS like this.
    3. Versatile
      Versatile
      For SNES I tried Mortal Kombat II, and for Genesis I tried Sonic and Knuckles. It doesn't matter what rom you use for SNES core or Gendesis core. Loading a save state does not work and freezes, but if I go to the very early 1.0.2 DEX version of retroarch, no issues.
    4. sandungas
      sandungas
    5. ZeroOne
      ZeroOne
      Multipass shaders do not work at all with 1.6.7 (only 1.0.0.2).
      Singlepass shaders work but there were issues with some of them included with the original 1.6.7 release.
      A user on the retroarch forum Hyllian has been testing the 1.6.7 shaders and has provided an updated set of singlepass shaders which are all tested/working on 1.6.7 ps3-shaders-v812
      Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
      antonioks, sandungas and Zar like this.
    6. antonioks
      antonioks
      @Ezio okay buddy, I found a bug yesterday in the retroarch 1.6.7 that you made available, the bug happens part of video, in "Mode 60 PAL" as it selects it the ps3 freezes, and it needs to restart the ps3 to return to normal operation. Always a hug and success.
    7. sandungas
      sandungas
      Thanks for the info @kineticUk and that guy Hyllian for the tests incase he reads this
      My suggestion to remove the shaders that doesnt works in PS3 is to make retroarch PS3 more stable, removing stuff is not cool, but initially is just a temporal removal (until someone finds how to fix them) or permanently in the worst scenario (incase nobody finds to how to fix them)... but one way or another i think is better to remove them by now
      disyoko, antonioks and ZeroOne like this.
    8. chicco33
      chicco33
    9. joe2051
      joe2051
      Can Retroarach read zipped files?
    10. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      i believe so, you could always try to find out