PS3 Artemis r5 released + unofficial 4.80 support by aldostools

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by aldostools, Jul 24, 2016.

By aldostools on Jul 24, 2016 at 11:06 PM
  1. 2,861
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

The developer Dnawrkshp has released the fifth update to his project Artemis on July 14,.2016.

Artemis2.PNG

Artemis is an Open Source Playstation 3 Hacking System created under the Project Artemis initiative (http://www.gamehacking.org/artemis). R5 added 4.76 and 4.78 CEX and DEX support, and updated database. Also now developer aldostools added 4.80 support in unofficial build. ​

Changes in Artermis r5
    • Added support for 4.76 CEX/DEX and 4.78 CEX/DEX (thanks @Ps3ItaTeam)
    • Updated code database to Bungholio's April 28th, 2016 update (thanks Bungholio)
    • Artemis packages will now be held in the releases tab of the GitHub repository.

• Release Link (Github): https://github.com/Dnawrkshp/ArtemisPS3/releases/tag/r5

• Install MAMBA and PS3MAPI payload (if not already installed)
      • Load artemis_ps3.sprx into VSH
      • Access codes from an online database
      • Access user codes
      • Allow for users to enter their own codes from Artemis
      • Sorts codes and games alphabetically

1. Launch Artemis from the XMB and selected your codes
      2. Once you have selected your codes Press :but x: on Start in the main menu
      3. You should hear a single beep (if you hear three MAMBA failed to install)
      4. From here you can launch the game or launch homebrew to mount the game
      5. When the game has launched, a notification will appear telling you to press :but start: to attach
      6. Once you are ready to use your codes in the game, open the in game XMB by pressing the :psbutton: button
      7. HOLD :but start: until Artemis says that it has attached
      8. At this point any codes chosen to constant write will be constantly writing
      9. For any single write codes you wish to write again, just enter the in game XMB again and hold :but start:
      10. If you wish the detatch (and therefore stop constant writing), enter the in game XMB and HOLD :but select:

• Choose between installing the .ncl file on a flash drive or in the Artemis installation directory
      • For the flash drive make a new folder on the root called USERLIST
      • Inside the folder place any .ncl files inside it
      • Insert the usb drive into the right usb slot of your PS3 and launch Artemis PS3
      • For the installation directory method launch an FTP server on your PS3 (multiman)
      • Navigate to /dev_hdd0/game/ARTPS3001/USRDIR/USERLIST/
      • Place any .ncl files inside the folder and launch Artemis PS3

• Creating cheat lists (.ncl)
      *NetCheat List Files are built into NetCheat PS3
      *Download and run [NetCheatPS3](http://netcheat.gamehacking.org/ncUpdater/ncUpdateDir.zip)
      *In the codes tab create a new code and name it as you wish
      *Within the textbox enter any NetCheat PS3 codes (or use the Codelist by clicking the square on the bottom left)
      *Finally click Save All and specify a save location for the new .ncl

Creating advanced cheat lists (.ncl)
      New in Artemis PS3 is the ability to add option tags.
      These tags enable you to specify options for a code that has multiple effects for one address.
      Using tags instead of multiple codes condenses the overall cheats list.
      The format for an option tag is very specific and must be used exactly as described.
      A tag begin with brackets that surround an ID ([Z]).
      This ID must be a collection of capital Z's.
      For instance, a tag such as [ZZZZ] has an ID of ZZZZ. [zz] is not a valid ID.
      Following the opening tag are the elements, or options.
      Each element begins with the value that the option represents, an equal sign (=), and the name of the option.
      Elements are separated by semicolons (;).
      So right now an option tag would look something like this: [ZZ]0010=This is 0x10;0020=This is 0x20
      But now we have to end the tag. To end an option tag you simply add a forward slash (/) in front of the ID and surround that with brackets ([/Z]).
      Finally to actually implement this as a value for a code, simply put the ID of the tag anywhere in the code you'd like.
      For instance, in Jak 1 there are 4 different types of eco states you can be in. Red, blue, green, and yellow.
      Each uses the same line. So the appropriate code using option tags would be:
      0 201FEE08 ZZ
      0 201FEE18 FFFFFF7F
      0 201FEE0C 00000040
      [ZZ]01=Yellow;02=Red;03=Blue;04=Green[/ZZ]

• Lazy Bastard - Project Founder
      Berion - GUI Graphic Designer
      Dnawrkshp - Creator of ArtemisPS3-GUI and ArtemisPS3-PRX
      NzV - PS3MAPI (on which Artemis is dependant upon)
      PS2Dragon - Artemis Logo

zumbae, Sdw100, ps3mastar234 and 23 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by aldostools, Jul 24, 2016.

1. aldostools
      aldostools
      You could make a fork in github and upload your changes ;)

I guess you could use the source code of my fork as base, since it already adds support to 4.80.
      haxxxen, atreyu187, kozarovv and 3 others like this.
    2. Berion
      Berion
      And maybe we can finish GUI (if there is still something like this). Dnawrkshp stop responding for emails years ago. :| He is still even active on scene?
    3. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      ok,
      ok, have forked it now on my github and added changes. it is just unloading of sprx from gui and better memory handling. the original code sometimes crashes when you exit the game.

https://github.com/haxxxen/ArtemisPS3

modified main source to reflect ps3mapi syscalls, since i am the only one who uses syscall11 for cobra and no ps3mapi. i just use a few functions from it...
      Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
      bitsbubba and kozarovv like this.
    4. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      i have made an inofficial update to artemis r5.
      i have fixed constant write for pointer codes (type 6 codes).

pointer codes were only once written and you had to activate them everytime from ingame xmb with start button. now this is not needed anymore ;)

also i've fixed prx unload from gui and made proper detection for cobra and mamba.

you can download src and pkg from my github
      https://github.com/haxxxen/ArtemisPS3

or from here just the pkg
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63377561/pkgs/ArtemisPS3-GUI.rar

edit
      i've forgot to say, you can unload artemis_ps3.sprx from artemis gui in main menu with square button, though you have to wait for the "press start to attach" popup. it will single beep if successfully unloaded, or double beep if not loaded at all. you will also get debug output
      Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    5. youchiro23
      youchiro23
      please code for jak and daxter trilogy
      BCUS98281
      inf ammo
      Multiplying challenge points
      inf life

Please if possible cheats of jak II and Jak III
    6. bguerville
      bguerville
      This is not the right thread to ask for cheat codes... This is about Artemis development...

Why don't you create your own thread?
    7. Phil
      Phil
      Used this today without thinking on rebug 4.81 and it worked fine. Don't know if it's fully compatible with 4.81 but works for castletania lord of the shadows
      kozarovv likes this.
    8. Tiger_X
      Tiger_X
      Doesn't work for me on Rebug 4.81, system freezes after loading game from multiman..
      Any tips how to configure this so it works?
      Thanx
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187

A little more info is needed. How did you install this? Are you using the GUI or the plugin? Easiest way to ensure this gets setup right is to first ensure you have the latest Mamba setup.

1- Turn OFF Cobra, toggle with webMAN combo or via GUI
      2- Install latest PKG
      3- Run Mamba to load payload and ensure mamba_plugins.txt is properly configured and in hdd0:/ root and DO NOT have Artemis plugin enabled just yet
      4- Launch Artemis launch for the first time and you should get a series of beeps, three if I recall correctly.

Once you hear those beeps Artemis is setup properly. You can toggle Cobra back on and reboot. From here you can either add the PRX to boot_plugins.txt or if you choose to use Mamba and not cobra add it to mamba_plugins.txt. Or simply launch the app, select the .NCL file you want for the game and launch with codes enabled.

I simply added it to boot_plugins.txt and it will attach to every game/app. A window will pop up telling you to press start to attach. This will put the codes into action from this point. But if you are a PSN user you for one shouldn't be as it's cheating and ruins online play but is also unsafe as it will attach to even official apps like Hulu or Netflix etc. And is easily detected by Sony then.
      Tiger_X likes this.
    10. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      have you tried my pkg with modified source?
      i have changed the memory management comparing to his original source, which has improved stability. there are still cases, where games cannot handle artemis prx, but now it doesn't crash anymore, when you exit games.

and i wonder why everybody uses mamba with artemis. i am running it solely with cobra and have no problems at all.

the games i have no button activators, i am running now with artemis and the others i am running with my trainer plugins, so i do not have to use codeunique (for now, only 1 game i have to use it)

btw, i have made another small update, where i have removed an unnecessary syscall (sys_ppu_process_yield). dunno if it also improves stability, but on my side everything works smooth now with artemis gui and prx

link on my dropbox will stay same
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63377561/pkgs/ArtemisPS3-GUI.rar
    11. Tiger_X
      Tiger_X
      @haxxxen i used the your modified version (pkg). Artemis runs, i can hear the beep when i press start then i open multiman and it asks to press START. then i quit mm to the xmb, the xmb starts and then freezes. I'm gonna try the latest version now you just posted..
      btw. running latest mm and rebug cfw and disabled cobra and webman in rebug toolbox

Edit: Thanx that latest version works now :)
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
      kozarovv and haxxxen like this.
    12. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      nice :)
      i just wanted to recommend using webman instead of mm, which also takes much longer to load.
      Tiger_X and kozarovv like this.
    13. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I also don't load Artemis until after mounting a game. Seems to work better and much more stable this way.
      Tiger_X likes this.
    14. Tiger_X
      Tiger_X
      hmm... yes stable is the issue here i guess. After succesfully loading and playing the game for the first time. Starting from the 2nd time trying to run it, I got several issues. The game freezes after loading the save. The XMB doesn't complete a full start, the icons stay in the loading state (keep spinning), so a hard reset is neccessary. I even had a soft brick and had to install rebug again.
      I also tried mounting the game with webman. Same story.
      I have just 1 cheatfile in the database. I also tried running Artemis without selecting a code, same story. Artemis seems to load fine because every time i can hear the one beep and the info pops up to press start.
      @atreyu187 I also tried to mount a game first with multiman and then start artemis, but after Artemis has loaded, the game is unmounted...

But maybe i'm doin'something wrong and is it my setup that makes it unstable...
      Latest Rebug and Multiman, no online gameplay or PSN, just local gameplay. Cobra disabled.
      I also tried running this on another PS3 with CFW KMEAW 3.55 but then Artemis freezes after selecting the codes and pressing START.
    15. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      @Tiger_X
      just saying, but i have not added mamba 4.81 payload, so you HAVE to use cobra with it.
      now i am curious, but why are you against it and why even bother with mamba?
    16. Tiger_X
      Tiger_X
      Thanx, my mistake i thought you had to disable Cobra :(
      Gonna try it again, will edit the post later...
      Edit: working now with cobra enabled :)
      But when i saved the game (The Last of Us BCES01584), again a soft brick and had to install fw again. But the save was ok and after reinstall i could start the game from that last savepoint. Saved again and now ok.
      Other things that occurred, the game freezes after pressing START to attach and then return to game. Hard reset necessary and after restart, checking and restoring file system before the xmb boots up.
      Sometimes the cheats selected don't work, although they worked before.
      Question: i start the game with cheats then quit the game and open artemis to change the cheats then run the game again, is that possible? Or do i have to reboot the console?
      Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    17. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      @Tiger_X
      i didn't mean to offend you or anybody else. just don't get it, why some using mamba instead of cobra, when they have cobra firmware installed.

anyways, i have added now 4.81 mamba payload to artemis from mambaloader (mamba and mambaloader payload).

the link has changed now and i will only upload pkg instead of rar archive. the old link isn't available anymore

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63377561/pkgs/ArtemisPS3-GUI.pkg
    18. Tiger_X
      Tiger_X
      Ok thanx, but i don't use mamba and never did :) maybe you confuse me with someone else. Anyways yesterday i played for 2 hours and everything seemed stable, no problems and saving went ok.
      So for this version with the mamba payload i have to disable Cobra?
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    19. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      hmm, ok. my bad. must have confused things lately.
      but i am happy that it works for you also now and you give some feedback :)

so if you are using cobra then you don't need to switch to mamba, since i don't think it is even more stable with it.

and about other apps, as @atreyu187 already has said, i would recommend using artemis at last, before you start the game. and if you want to start any other app after you've quit the game, i would unload artemis prx from artemis gui with square button and exit with ps home button (choosing exit from gui will result in loading the prx again)

i haven't encountered any problems with mM so far, but it is better to avoid such things.
      Tiger_X likes this.
    20. pp53